Menu
Jonzahos
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green light blinking

I did change the cable from socket to router and then the internet access has been lost. The green light of HUB 3 is blinking green and the wifi sign is green as well.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green light blinking

It is against VM's T&Cs to modify the internal cabling from the socket to the hub as the wrong grade cable or poorly fitted F Connectors can affect your connection and inject noise into the local circuit affecting people on the same circuit.

VM charge £99 to move the hub, a bit expensive unless a kindly mod will pop a 1m long coax in the post for you.

Bear in mind the length of coax cable will affect the hub's poer level which usually wont be a problem unless your power levels are marginal.

All Replies
Jonzahos
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did put again the old long cable and it is working! I don't know if there is a minimum length for this cable, and how long must be.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is against VM's T&Cs to modify the internal cabling from the socket to the hub as the wrong grade cable or poorly fitted F Connectors can affect your connection and inject noise into the local circuit affecting people on the same circuit.

VM charge £99 to move the hub, a bit expensive unless a kindly mod will pop a 1m long coax in the post for you.

Bear in mind the length of coax cable will affect the hub's poer level which usually wont be a problem unless your power levels are marginal.

Disconectme
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi were did you get that from? (It is against VM's T&Cs to modify the internal cabling from the socket to the hub) i installed all my own cabling from the brown box out side to all the points needed in my house, have you seen the job they do shocking, one line splits to 2 then 3 filters they are a joke, do what you want with your wires you will do a better job

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I said from the T&Cs. If you bothered to look it up and actually read it, it is under section H.

Whilst cabling is a simple job for an experienced technical competent person, but there are many self proclaimed "experts" and bodgers out there that have no idea of the techincal implications.

This is why the rule is in place as I imagine VM had to disconnect more that a few people who have not fitted the cables correctly, or used wrong grade capples  or messed with components like splitters and attenuators and caused noise injection into the local circuit. This maybe the exception rather than the rule but hell hath no fury like a tech trying to track down an errant noise source.

What "filters" are you talking about? Do you mean attenuators? If so, removing them will affect the hub's power levels and can cause the type of errors in your logs as in your other post.

0 Kudos