Menu
Bobtedbert
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting Amazon prime on my tivo

Hi, could someone tell me how to get Amazon prime on TiVo as it does not appear where Netflix is located
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Getting Amazon prime on my tivo

As per your other post ....

You can't. It's not currently a feature carried by Virgin.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

fatblokefletch wrote:

I'm sure it'll come to Tivo in the near future.

Whjat makes you sure? I 'd bet folks will still be asking for it in 2018. If they were on the verge of a deal they surely would have made that happen for the V6 launch

I 'd bet folks will still be asking for it in 2018

meanwhile it's on most brands of smart TV, smart Blu Ray already, plus Xbox, PS3, PS4, Roku, Fire...

why should they let Virgin have it and have to deal with the mess of Virgin probably wanting a cut of any rent/ buy that goes through the channel.

and why should Virgin offer a competitor which will damage their own PPV revenue - not that on demand even works according to many customers

Given Virgin's all around hopelessness with passwords & security, I am not sure I'd want to trust them with my Amazon credentials ! They've already leaked many people's email credentials far & wide, who's to say they'd manage the amazon video app security any better

0 Kudos

All Replies
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As per your other post ....

You can't. It's not currently a feature carried by Virgin.

0 Kudos
Bobtedbert
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They seem to get it in the US
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

fatblokefletch wrote:

Whjat makes you sure? I 'd bet folks will still be asking for it in 2018. If they were on the verge of a deal they surely would have made that happen for the V6 launch

I 'd bet folks will still be asking for it in 2018

meanwhile it's on most brands of smart TV, smart Blu Ray already, plus Xbox, PS3, PS4, Roku, Fire...

why should they let Virgin have it and have to deal with the mess of Virgin probably wanting a cut of any rent/ buy that goes through the channel.

and why should Virgin offer a competitor which will damage their own PPV revenue - not that on demand even works according to many customers

Given Virgin's all around hopelessness with passwords & security, I am not sure I'd want to trust them with my Amazon credentials ! They've already leaked many people's email credentials far & wide, who's to say they'd manage the amazon video app security any better

0 Kudos