Menu
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Frequent lag!

I recently had the hub 3 installed and I upgraded to the gamer 200. Since then I've been getting fast speeds with no traffic management but I keep getting lag in both multiplayer games I play. The drop and rise of the connection is extremely frequent. What seems to be the problem? I hear that the hub 3 isn't working properly and that a better router would be better?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent lag!

hiya @Tizzmanizz to check is this via wired/wireless?, also when your gaming is the lag all the time or just at ertain times?, also worth checking the signal levels if you could goto http://192.168.0.1 clicking router status top right [no need to login] and if can copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log.. don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

further to that, probably worth setting up a broadband quality monitor at thinkbroadband..

and you may be able to improve latency a little by running your hub in modem mode and using a 3rd party router.

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've got the virgin gamer 200 so I shouldn't get any traffic management at anytime but I got lag all the time with playing Fifa and call of duty, that's the only way could of noticed the lag. I've got it working just fine yesterday by turning off the firewall and disabling the upnp thingy option (sorry for using such techical terms) and restarting the hub3. It's a wired connection that's been transmitted upstairs using a tplink hardline extender. I don't have a laptop so I'm using my phone to write this and I'm unable to copy and paste the information. Screen shotting it would of been easier but I don't have the option of posting images.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tizzmanizz,

I'm really sorry for your current broadband issues and shall do all I can to help.

My diagnostic tests aren't highlighting any obvious faults with either the network or your Hub. I don't want to assign any blame to your power line adaptors but would like to remove them from the equation if you don't mind. So would you please test the connection whilst connected directly to the Hub via Ethernet?

Post an update on here and we'll take things from there.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello again, I've stopped using the power line extenders and I've got a direct wired connection to the hub. I get good speeds but the problem is that I keep getting an unstable line? I'm using a cat6 Ethernet cable too. There's just one device that uses the hub so there shouldn't be interference and I reserved the up for there device in dmz. I've cancelled my gamer package 200 until the issue is sorted. I keep reading in forums that it's the faulty hubs processor and that the hub can't deal with the more faster speeds.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tizzmanizz,

So you've swapped latency for instability? Not good Smiley Sad
In what way is this instability manifesting? Disconnections or wildly divergent speeds for instance?

Please provide any detail you can so that I can help address this. Also, if you have only the one device connected, have you tried the Hub with modem mode enabled?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen, I get the odd few disconnects daily and every 20mins or so I get lag that's definetly noticeable. I haven't tried modem mode yet but I spoke to technical support today and they said they changed somethings on my router. I was told if there's no improvements within 24hours that they would send an engineer out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tizzmanizz,

Ahh that's fine, so long as this is being addressed. Let me know if you need me for anything. Also I think I may have replied to you on a different thread of yours, sorry as I'd forgotten I was speaking to you on here Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos