Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9 (85 Views)

Free upgrade

When the free upgrade to 70 why didn't I get it I.m still at 50 I did apply for the upgrade

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 9 (75 Views)

Re: Free upgrade

What did you get to say the upgrade was available? Did you get anything saying your speed boost was complete?

Dave/

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9 (68 Views)

It was ages ago and it was on my Virgin Media site I thought I had upgraded but I,m still on 50 and when I looked on the Community forum today saw I should have had 70 free upgrade(looking through old posts) Hope this makes some sense to you
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 4 of 9 (64 Views)

It was a while ago but I think it was anyone who was a customer before November 2015 was eligible. However, any changes you made to the package after that date (added something, negotiated a discount etc) meant you started a new contract and it no longer applied if this was the case.

Dave.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9 (61 Views)

I have been a customer for17years It was supposed to be done on the4/9/16 I only changed my package deal this years so I should have been eligable

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 6 of 9 (51 Views)

If you got a message saying your speed boost was complete then it will have been because some sort of change since you first signed up.

If not, I've no idea. See what he forum staff say when they get to you.

Dave.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9 (47 Views)

I know I,ve never changed anything till this year but thanks for your patience and trying to help not sure how the forum staff help so didn't understand that bit but thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9 (31 Views)

Hi poppy13

Thanks for getting in touch about the last Speed Boost offering we ran.

Looking into this the chances are you may have been eligible for this to have taken place up to April of this year, which is roughly when the last speed boost finished.

The package change you are referring to was not made this year. When it was made as has been mentioned by the community this would have made your speed boost ineligible as the boost was only being offered to customers who had not made a package change since Nov 2015.

The roll out was originally planned to be a 2 year phased approach. This was always subject to change and became an 18 month approach and rolled out in different areas in stages.

Now that the most recent boost has ended you may be eligible for a future boost should we run one for our customers.

You can keep in touch via our home page for future news on this or via our Customer News pages.

virg.in/custnews

Let us know if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9 (21 Views)

I should have had the upgrade If I wasn't entitled why did I get a message on Virgin home page stating this I did update but it didn't happen I feel you are just fobbing me off which is a common occurrence with Virgin Media
0 Kudos