Menu
mmelbourne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Forced Hub 3.0 Upgrade Clarification

Hi,

Can someone from Virgin please clarify the position around the Hub 3.0 upgrade which is advertised here:

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade

I understand that legacy CPEs are being replaced to allow the sole support of DOCSIS 3.0 (for improved RF benefits, IPv6 etc), and the retirement of DOCSIS 1/2-only devices

Firstly, are all pre-3.0 Hubs being replaced, including the SH 2ac (which I believe is already DOCSIS 3.0 compatible)?

When I enter my details into the website, it states that the details cannot be found; is this because my equipment does not need updating, or are all accounts not in the database yet?

Kind regards,
Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forced Hub 3.0 Upgrade Clarification

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I appreciate your query in regards to the Hub Upgrade and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

At the moment we are looking to upgrade the stand-alone modems and the Super Hub 1. The Super Hub 2ac works fine on our network.

I can see that you have called through to us to discuss this further. If there are any issues by all means get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Further to Matt's question, I have a superhub 1 and after seeing the superhub upgrade webpage and its comment that all must be upgraded by 30th April or else, I tried to fill in the application. Like Matt's attempt, the page came back and said it had no record of me. It is still the same now.

I've also telephoned support for help on this and a Scottish lady (Wendy) said she knew nothing of a forced upgrade but offered to send me a Superhub 3 for £14. I said I didn't think I had to pay as it was at Virginmedia's request, she then said she was unable to help me.

What should I do to get this sorted?

Thank you.

Bob.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you been sent a communication to say that Virgin Media want you to swap your kit?

If you've not been specifically contacted about swapping your kit, then you're not currently in the force change activity, and any kit changes would be chargeable based on the circumstances for the change.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the advice and information.

What you say may well be correct and no, I don't think I've been contacted directly.

Having said that, the hub upgrade webpage makes no mention of exceptions for area, connection speed or even a scheduled roll out. It just says if you don't change to Super Hub 3 by 30th April you will have no internet and your account will be cancelled. So I now wonder why I'm excluded, is my letter lost in the post, will I have no Internet from May?

This lack of information or even conflicting information is causing concern here, I don't know the facts.

If people lose their Internet in May and didn't get a letter, there will be some very upset people around. Can that upgrade page be made more informative please.

Cheers,

Bob.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Although I do see where you're coming from regarding the site, just because it can be accessed by everyone doesn't mean it's for everyone.

The webpage is targeted just at the people that have been sent the communication. Those who need to swap their kit will have been sent a comms last year, and then follow up comms this year. So there shouldn't be anyone who needs to swap that hasn't received at least one form of communication by now.

As far I was aware though, the swap activity is for those customers on kit older than the Super Hub 1. The SH1 itself isn't being swapped.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Right so SH1 is NOT being swapped. That is a relief, thank you.

Please note though that is not what Sam said in this very thread.

I do still think that would be useful information on the upgrade page.

Thank you.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Bob,

Thanks for posting on the community.

In regards to the Hub Upgrade, this will include the Super Hub 1. If you are still unable to find your details on the link above, by all means send me a Private Message confirming your address and I can look into this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,
Problem still the same PM sent.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Bob.
0 Kudos