Menu
gears
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

For the super-geeks, I documented my install :)

I've had FTTC for many years now and finally switched across to Virgin Media last month.

The install was "eventful" but I decided to detail my experience on the blog post below. 

The end result is actually MORE than 200Mbps and a very happy customer, but if you're interested in some of the technology and how this all works, feel free to take a gander below...

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2017/03/21/making-the-switch-to-virgin-media-a-geeky-broadband-story/

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: For the super-geeks, I documented my install :)

Good article, well done.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: For the super-geeks, I documented my install :)

Very readable and nicely presented with sufficient pic's and more importantly pitched at compromise level without copious use of TLA's/acronyms and thus understandable by majority of IT non-nerds.   Smiley Tongue

Look forward to your blogs/articles on utilisation, Docsis 3.1, CCAP and DPON/GPON roll outs as they affect you over the coming years!  (Assuming any protracted utilisation fixes don't drive you back to CN21/FTTC in the meantime!)

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos