Menu
ikrip
Dialled in
Message 1 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Flaky service London SE9

For the past couple of weeks the quality of BB connection here in London SE9 has been intermittently abysmal. Frequent periods of down time, and at last VM have acknowledged it as an area fault on the status site, albeit with reference to something called 'Smart Call'(?) What's going on, VM? Seriously thinking of leaving VM - BB, TV, phone and all. Horrendously unreliable service.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
TPT123
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 53
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Flaky service London SE9

Hi John. Many thanks for your message. This has been an ongoing intermittent issue for 2 years. I've had many engineers out and the problem hasn't been fixed. I have been told on many occasions that the issue is external to my property. I am therefore, understandably, reluctant to take even more time off of work to wait in for an engineer to tinker with something that isn't part of the issue.

FYI, I received a text message from VM yesterday informing me that the issue had been fixed. I expect to receive a working service until the EXTERNAL intermittent fault reappears.

What I would like to know is when I can expect to receive the stable, consistent and reliable service I am paying for?

All the best

Tpt123

All Replies
Message 2 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi ikrip,

Apologies for the recent connection problems, I've been checking on your service and can see that we have an area fault ( not the smart call one, which isn't broadband affecting) for an SNR (noise ingress) issue which is affecting your service.

This is being investigated by networks on ref. F003613201 and has an estimated fix date of the 14/04.

Apologies again for the problems, if you bump us here periodically we'll gladly check for any news.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ikrip
Dialled in
Message 3 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 11 days seems like a long time to fix a problem.

I look forward to a rebate for the time spent without a connection. This is fast becoming an unreliable service.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi ikrip,

Sorry about that, keep an eye on things as our engineers are working to restore service asap.

Once the issue is resolved, give our team a call on 150 free from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to sort you a credit for the loss of service.  Unfortunately we're unable to sort that for you via the community because of data protection.

Feel free to bump this thread in a few days if things are ongoing and we can check the latest for you Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TPT123
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the SE9 area and for the last 18 months or so I have had ongoing problems with my broadband mainly and occasionally with my TV service.

On average I have had to call VM a couple of times each month. It tends to be an SnR issue (a phrase I should not even know the meaning of!). Recently it's got a lot worse and I've called and had live chats over 7 times in the two months.

I came here to find out if anyone else is having such a bad time of it and if anyone had managed to get VM to commit to doing anything about it?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi TPT123

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you have been experiencing.

I've had a look at you connection and can see a lot of timeouts occurring and problems with the modem SNR.

Apologies this has not been resolved previously, we will need to schedule another engineer visit and I will escalate this up to a principal engineer.

I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) to get this organised.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TPT123
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ty,

I did have an engineer visit around 2 weeks ago to fix my phone service. Whilst here he had a look at my broadband connection and make some changes. I would rather not have to book anymore time off of work to sort out an external issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi TPT123

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate how frustrating this is considering the length of time and that you do not want to book any further time off for an engineer.

When I checked your connection I can see that the Modem SNR is still low, there has been a high number of time-outs and there is an issue on the network for SNR. I raised this to our networks team for more investigation. I did see that Adam was replying to your other thread, however I didn't see it until just now and it was a bit confusing sorry.

However the reference number for this SNR fault is F003834743 with a review date of 17th August. I will keep on checking this for updates over the next few days as these dates are subject to change.

If you need any more information or have questions, by all means ask away.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TPT123
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam. Just to let you know my broadband and TV service are not working yet again.
0 Kudos
TPT123
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Just spoken to VM and apparently the estimated fix date is 17th August - 6 days time. I have absolutely no Broadband or TV - none of the channels work or on demand. Can someone please help?
0 Kudos