Menu
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Finally got broadband sorted and they have given me a discount for first month or have they?

The broadband was discounted because It was not reliable for first three weeks. The discount is brilliant nothing! The first bill has come in and I pay full price after all the hassle. Can someone explain how a discount is nothing as I am a bit puzzled.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Finally got broadband sorted and they have given me a discount for first month or have they?

I have spent a lot of time and money on the phone sorting this out and the only way I got it sorted was to continually post it on virgins main face-book page until virgin done something about it. Three weeks without any reliable broadband, bet if I owed three weeks broadband virgin would be looking for their money. This however does not work both ways and is structured in such a way that it will cost you so much time that its not worth your while following this up. Please do not send me anything about go on have a read at how to set up the broadband its finally going now, lets hope it stays up.
0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally got broadband sorted and they have given me a discount for first month or have they?

It is quite possible it won't appear until your next bill.When it comes it will show as a -ve amount on your bill and suitably labelled. 

Were you told over the phone, or do you have emails or other messages that discuss it?

On here it takes staff 1-2 weeks to get to a thread, however if you wait someone on here should be able to look into it for you.

brian54
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have already got a bill for two months should I wait for the third month or will virgin wait until the third month and hope I forget about it?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hmm... sounds like you could have been forgotten.

prob worth giving a call, but also worth waiting a week or two for a member of Virgin staff to get to this on here as they should be able to help sort things out.

0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have spent a lot of time and money on the phone sorting this out and the only way I got it sorted was to continually post it on virgins main face-book page until virgin done something about it. Three weeks without any reliable broadband, bet if I owed three weeks broadband virgin would be looking for their money. This however does not work both ways and is structured in such a way that it will cost you so much time that its not worth your while following this up. Please do not send me anything about go on have a read at how to set up the broadband its finally going now, lets hope it stays up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello brian54,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with your broadband service. How's everything been since your last post? If there's ever anything we can help with, please just ask. We're busy but we get to posts as quickly as possible and will do all we can to help.

Thanks again for getting in touch,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Heather. Quite obvious you have not read the post! I was expecting an answer.

0 Kudos