Menu
Heather_eb
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fibre Installation "Construction issues"

So my original install date was the 31st September, for unforeseen circumstances this got pushed back to the 17th October.

Short version? Been waiting 12 weeks for installation, haven't had one update, customer service is appalling, been told 5 times that a supervisor would call and they haven't. Was told I would receive an installation date yesterday.. nothing. 

Long version? On the 16th October I was told late in the evening that there were construction issues that would take 8 weeks and our installation was on hold. I spoke to the rudest people at the pre-install team who left me in tears due to their lack of information/understanding/care. 

Despite being told I would receive regular updates, I have had to call twice a week to request updates and have had nothing. I've been sent through extra contracts which I was told to ignore, there have been updates on my online account which I've been told to ignore, and on 5 occasions, I've been told a supervisor would call me and I've heard absolutely nothing.

On the 25th November I was told that in one week the construction work would be completed and we would receive a call on Monday 5th. Unsurprisingly no one called, and I phoned in the evening and spent over an hour on hold to be told that the construction team has gone home and I would receive an email that evening confirming that I would receive call today. I've once again heard nothing and spent all of my lunch hour at work on hold to absolutely no avail.

Has anyone else had this experience or can anyone offer any advice of how to get an update? 

Any help would be massively appreciated Smiley Happy 

NB: Wayleave was granted, and council approval - construction on that basis was scheduled to finish on 2nd December

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fibre Installation "Construction issues"

takes VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and see if that gets anybody here sooner

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

takes VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and see if that gets anybody here sooner

Tony
Heather_eb
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony!!! Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Heather_eb
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So finally managing to get through today there is "no update from the construction team"... No idea what to do other than take my business elsewhere

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather_eb

Thank you so much for joining us on the forums and for letting us know about the ongoing construction issues.

I appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated on your journey so far. I am sorry to hear about the communication issues and the fact that this has been ongoing for a while.

I can see you have recently spoken to my colleague in Construction this week and I'll be happy to check back in with the teams for you when they are available tomorrow to see if we can provide a more focused support for you via this medium.

I'll keep you posted with their updates for you.

Kind regards and speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Heather

Thanks for allowing us the chance to look into this for you.

I've checked in with the construction teams and they have confirmed that from the 12th of Dec they will be able to chase this with or contract partners for you to get an estimated date of completion.

The work that is being done is a 9.5 metre cable pull, 6.4metre of that being on the road and 3.1 of this on footpath. Due to the permits required this as taken longer than originally anticipated and I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

If you are free to contact the teams on Monday their number is 0345 045 0595.

If you'd like to contact them, their office is open from 8.30am to 7pm weekdays.

Keep us posted if you need anything else, we're happy to help out if we can.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Heather_eb
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for looking into this for me, I really appreciate it.

The thing that is the most challenging is the complete lack of clarity I've been facing. Each person every week is telling me something completely different; from when works were permitted, to non-existent calls back.

Once again, I really appreciate you looking into this for me. I know it's very difficult to say given that the contractors are still under SLA but if you could give me any sort of timeline on when this is looking to be finished I would be very grateful. As it's Christmas, I am naturally trying to plan ahead for the holidays.

Kind regards,

Heather
0 Kudos