Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (104 Views)

Fibre Available or NOT? Confusion

Long story short. 

Moving house , signed up to sky because the Main website shows NO virgin available in my area. Due to my wife's work we can access virgin partner website (discount etc).  On this page it shows it AS AVAILABLE. I can even select install date 3rd June. Wanting 200mb or 300mb. 

SS8 7RL (Number 7).

Now due to moving house i have sky install booked for day after we move in with Sky Q etc. I dont want to cancel Sky to then find out for some reason virgin is not available.

Why can i place order via partner site but not main website? Live chat some said its not availble others said yes just place order.On phone they are not sure. Seem's a mess?

Any ideas .  I really want fibre ...   I know they are doing works around my town but not giving me hope. If i place order virgin and cancel sky to then find out virgin cant provide it would be a nightmare 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 9 (96 Views)

Re: Fibre Available or NOT? Confusion

hiya @sscot110 i would be calling the sales team at virginmedia directly, to find out if the area has been cabled, or maybe ask some people on the street if they have virginmedia, since possible partner site is using outdated database etc..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9 (88 Views)

Current owners do not have virgin but they have been digging up streets around my town and existing property so it's possibly new
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 9 (83 Views)

Spoke to sales they reckon place order on partner site, should be available if it lets me....  Guess ill try. 

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9 (70 Views)

Some people have reported placing orders only to find on the day of install that more cabling is required which can take days or several weeks depending on what is needed and whether local authority permission is required.

Would be worth looking outside the house to see what amount of digging looks to be required. If it is only your new garden to the pavement to pick up the duct, you may be okay? But as there is no existing service to the property there will always be an element of risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 9 (67 Views)

Is the house on a council adopted road or is it in a private road?

You can pretty well guarantee a private road will have no infrastructure installed even though the roads surrounding it might. VM only has agreements with local councils to install.

Also only half of Canvey Island ever got cabled, as the company installing it was one of several that went bust during the original build

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9 (57 Views)

It is a small private road. I placed an order I guess see what happens?
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9 (46 Views)

Virgin Media/you will probably need permission from the owner/s of the private road to dig it up and install a cable. May be worth trying to get their agreement in writing prior to VM turning up, as it may save some time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 9 (45 Views)

yeah the fun of way leave you can get the form via -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/networkexpansion/Wayleave/access_agreement.pdf
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos