Menu
Lindsey12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fiber

Hello,

I am posting on this board because I am having large difficulties with trying to set up virgin fiber for my new flat.

The building which the flat is in has recently been renovated to include a bunch of flats. With this renovation came a change of postcode, from NN1 5BT to NN1 5DD. The new postcode, NN1 5DD, only includes this building and the 15 flats inside.

Under the old postcode, virgin media could provide their service as well as fiber. With the new postcode however, some flats cannot get any service at all - including ours.

This is really confusing to us, because outside the building is a virgin media fiber optic box, and directly below our flat (we are on the first floor) is a flat which does have virgin media fiber optic. Even more frustrating is that above us is another flat which is also able to get virgin media fiber optic.

I have tried ringing the virgin media sales team numerous times about this and every single time I get a different answer. On some occasions I am told that an engineer will be in contact within the next five days to come and have a look (never actually happens), and on other occasions I am told that my interest has been registered but that is all that can be done, and then sometimes I'm told it won't happen and I'm best to go with another provider. The inconsistency in these phone calls has left me feeling incredibly doubtful that I will ever be able to get fiber optic in my flat, despite the service being availble directly below and above me. 

What on earth is going on here? Could somebody please shed some light on this situation for me? Will I ever be able to get an engineer to come and have a look?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fiber

Hi Lindsey12, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear there has been some confusion. Checking the postcode I can see there are some abnormalities. 

In order to help you with this I will need some additional information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey12, 

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message with your details Smiley Happy

I have forwarded these over to the Area Manager of your street to find out what's going on and if there is a way to install you. 

Once I have a reply, I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey12, 

Just to keep you posted, the Area Manager has advised he is going to look in to this. 

He's going to check what's going on and will be in touch with you to discuss this further. He has mentioned he'll also be able to get the ball rolling and get you signed up if we are able to install your flat Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos