Menu
davetelf
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Failure to understand the phrase "customer service"

Has anyone ever found the Virgin Helplines helpful? My tale of woe began on Saturday when I was given the wrong information. So we were off to a bad start as I know they did not give me the best deal. The local Virgin shop confirmed this and told me how to get the best deal in the future.

So today - my new broadband arrived - minus a splitter. 6 telephone calls later the best advice was "go to Maplins they might have what you need". A manager in the customer services promised he would phone back and tell me the part I needed - guess what it didn't happen. I was patronised by untrained staff who clearly did not know how to answer my simple questions.  They would not give direct numbers nor would they take mine to phone me back. But their lines to the call centre are so bad they just cut-out after a while - not sure if this is on purpose - so it is back through dreadful IVR and music and operators who require you to repeat yourself again and again. Quite frankly - hopeless

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Failure to understand the phrase "customer service"

Although my service has always been trouble free and on the button, you are quite right. VM have no concept of putting the customer first; they put themselves first and everything is arranged for their convenience.

Anyway, easiest way of getting this resolved (short of buying a splitter on ebay), is to call VM on the normal number, select "thinking of leaving us" and usually you'll get a result. The best result is for the agent to book an engineer on the spot or ecen better to ask for the area field manager or principal tech to drop a splitter round to you. Do suggest that - can't hurt.

VM's service is so bad that it takes a week for a VM bod to reply (they are very good, though) and they'll just organise a technician much later than if you pursue the Retentions route described above.

Keep us posted.
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Although my service has always been trouble free and on the button, you are quite right. VM have no concept of putting the customer first; they put themselves first and everything is arranged for their convenience.

Anyway, easiest way of getting this resolved (short of buying a splitter on ebay), is to call VM on the normal number, select "thinking of leaving us" and usually you'll get a result. The best result is for the agent to book an engineer on the spot or ecen better to ask for the area field manager or principal tech to drop a splitter round to you. Do suggest that - can't hurt.

VM's service is so bad that it takes a week for a VM bod to reply (they are very good, though) and they'll just organise a technician much later than if you pursue the Retentions route described above.

Keep us posted.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

So, how did it all pan out?

0 Kudos