cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to login into Hitron Business Router admin login

plumbygirl
Tuning in

Hi All,

I had my superhub 3 modem switched to a Hitron one as I moved over to the business platform.

I managed to get into the router setup page (192.168.0.1) and noticed that the time was incorrect (had it down as GMT+1) so I changed that and it said it would have to do a restart which I allowed it to do.

However, once it restarted I can no longer get into the setup page. It just hangs. I did a hard reset returning everything to its defaults (held the reset pin at back of router for 20 seconds) and tried again, no joy!

Strange thing is that I can get on the internet, I can still receive and send emails, but just cant login to the router setup. I tried both wired and wireless connection with the same result.

Am I missing something here or is there a problem?

Many thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I noticed that this thread has been going for a while now, I have the same issue, however I have now called it in to Virgin to be rectified so i will post on here as soon as i have a resolution to the issue

Fault - Cannot access web admin page for default 192.168.0.1 page not found (wired and Wi-Fi)

Factory reset router - this worked for the first login then I to redo all my network settings. Next login fails with original issues

Router will occasionally and randomly become unresponsive (wired and Wi-Fi) - Wi-Fi stays up but unable to ping out to 8.8.8.8 (i use this as its fast to type) but more worryingly cannot ping 192.168.0.1. after about 30 seconds it drops back in. This is very frustrating as I'm normally VPN'd into a customers site at this point.

This is my second Hitron Router as the first one just gave up on life after 2-3 days

As soon as i have a resolution i will update but i feel it will be a new router  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Update, 

After phoning in the issue on Wednesday, I heard nothing....so much for my 24hr SLA (which is part of the business package) 

so i phoned Virgin support, to be told that “it looked ok from that end”. Funny old thing I don’t conduct business from that end, I have to say I felt somewhat frustrated.

So I now have a guy coming out tomorrow to have a look “from this end”. I will sort out the lack of adherence to an SLA once I have it fixed 

I’ll update again soo 

The ONLY way to 'fix' the 'unable to logon' problem is to do a FULL RESET of the Hitron Router by holding in the recessed 'RESET' button on the back for at least 30 seconds. After letting go the router appears to do nothing, but will eventually RESET & REBOOT after a further 20-30 seconds.

Once the router is back in the land of the living you will be able to logon. Remember the 'admin' password will have been reset to the default printed on the sticker on the back.

As for poor speed, i must be lucky as both Speedtest.net and Fast.com usually report my download speed at 360-400Mbps throughout the day.

That said, i am already on my 3rd Hitron router since i switched to Virgin Business in December 2017 - very poor hardware. Worryingly, i had to do a full reset of the router yesterday as i had no internet access - all the router lights were as expected, just no internet service. A simple reboot (without the reset) failed to restore the internet access, however after the full reset & reboot all was OK again.  This was similar to how the previous routers eventually failed for good, so looks like i may need a 4th sometime soon !!!.

70 REPLIES 70

Dave_cq
Community elder

Perhaps try 192.168.100.1 instead ... no real logic to this unless you are in modem mode but worth a try anyway.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

Thanks Dave_cq, I did try that too but again it just came back with page cannot be displayed!!! Most bizarre!

Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi plumbygirl,

I'm not au fait with Hitrol modems myself but a factory reset would have been my first suggestion too. Shame it didn't work though 😞

It might be a good idea to look for support with this on our business pages. Hopefully they'll be able to provide advise or perhaps replace your modem if it's deemed faulty.

I wish you all the best 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

camnas
Joining in

Did you sort out your problem ?

Seems to be stable, but sometimes it still diverts to not logging in. I think the router is dodgy. Will keep an eye out and see if I cant get it replaced.

When it won't let you login what do you do ?   Factory Reset ?

cosso1
Tuning in

I've had my Hitron router for 2 weeks on the business package, it replaced a superhub 3 residential connection.

I had issues from the very start. After install I found the WPS button wouldn't work, I managed to log in to router via 192.168.0.1 and activate WPS, then my Nest thermostat wouldn't connect through router, it could see the wifi connection but passcode wouldn't accept, I had to manually enter Mac address in router. After this I was unable to log into the router again. Then the 2nd day after install, wifi was on and off intermittently, contacted Virgin and engineer came out. He couldn't understand why he couldn't log in to router, so swapped it for another. This time everything connected smoothly. A few days later wifi issues again, then download speed going as low as 10mb/s, I contacted Virgin again who said do a hard reset which I did, 350mb/s was back. They still sent an engineer out today, as things still weren't stable with speeds up and down dramatically, and while the engineer was here the speed dropped to 2mb/s and now again the router cannot be logged into. He did a hard reset, speeds back up to 350mb/s. He also said further investigation needed. This afternoon I received a message to say the fault had been rectified and fault ticket closed. But I asked about logging into router, as it doesn't allow me an WPS button isn't activated, so fault code has been opened again. 

I've only had it 2 weeks and seen more engineers than in my whole time as a residential customer, that I was from the original Diamond Cable.

Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello cosso1, 

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

We support our residential customers here on the forum, but I'll leave your post open for other members of the forum to comment. 

Thanks again, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

I have the same problems. I switched to Virgin Business in December 2017. I am already on my 3rd Hitron Router !!. Now this one has the problem where I cannot access the logon page at 192.168.0.1 . I have rebooted, but the problem remains. I don't really want to do a factory reset as this will lose the DHCP reservations i have made. The Hitron really is a piece of cr@p.