Menu
L22eew
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Failed VM Installation...

Need advise please.

I Signed up to VM (BB and TV) over the work phone on Monday this week. Today was the day I was hoping to have my new VM service installed.

Engineer arrived within the time slot. After much head scratching and 40 minutes later, he told me we was unable to complete the installation. The reason being was that there was no VM cable/connection near the my property. I live in a block of flats, I'm situated on the top floor.

What's really odd is there as some flats on the floor below me, that have VM - as I can pick up their WiFi networks. Plus the engineer remembers installing VM is some other properties in the same block of flats.

No idea what to expect next. Kind of disappointed about this, as I had to terminate my contract with TalkTalk earlier in the week due to being without any service since the beginning of November.

This situation of no BB/Phone/TV is beginning to become a nightmare.

Any advice?

Cheers.
Highlighted
L22eew
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed VM Installation...

Rang VM this morning, just to see what's happening. Apparently my address is a non-serviceable address, and there was not much information left by the Engineer.

I was asked to call back on Monday, as the department I need to speak to are unavailable on the weekends. This just seems to be coming a right nightmare.

What's puzzling me is, there are various flats 1 floor below me, who have VM. Also my area is cable enabled - I've checked my postcode on various different sites (including VM).

Really stuck on what to decide. Do I cancel my VM order, or do I hope for the best and hope a cable can be run/fed to my property?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi L22eew

I appreciate you getting in touch.

Cabling to lower level flats is never an issue as they are usually accessible with minimal additional standard works needed.

In the past the companies we have inherited have cabled to the ground floor/basement and sometimes first floor flats but usually never beyond that.

To do so requires additional permits to work as well as the extra costs involved of the machinery for external and internal support. Plus in the past it may not have been feasible for the cabling to be fed so far internally through a building, as the further it has to go the more issues /snags as a company we could have hit. I've basically simplified the previous issues as I know there were many logistical reasons but that was the crux of it in the past.

We do now have teams dedicated to looking at the flats/high rises etc and our MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) teams are the ones who would be able to say yes or no here.

If you're still looking for information regarding this can you pop a PM back to me with your full name, address in full and your preferred contact number and I'll message them to see what we can do Smiley Happy

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Ricardo73
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't help, but I just want to mention that I find incredible that, after giving Virgin Media all your details about your address, they accepted the contract without realising that they can not provide you with the service.

I am reading about too many horror stories in this forum. Already regretting to contract Virgin.

0 Kudos