Menu
blueyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Slow Superhub 3 Web Interface

Hello,

My Superhub 3, is extremely slow when first loading the default login page (the page has loaded, but I can't click on anything for roughly 20 seconds), and then I'm able to enter my password, and things get a little bit speedier.

When I login, the message "Your unit is updating, please wait for a moment." is displayed. Now it doesn't appear that the unit is updating, as it displays that message every time I login. 

This slowness, combined, really makes doing anything with the superhub a chore. I'm on Hardware Version 10, and software version: 9.1.88J5

Is this issue currently known? Or is it limited to me.

I've also had some other issues relating to WAN Address leases dropping twice an hour, but that appears to have stopped now that I've rebooted the SH.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely Slow Superhub 3 Web Interface

At the minute the GUI is painfully slow.  Hopefully a firmware update will address it in the near future.

And yeah, mine did a similair lease dropping thing, solved by a reboot. Did it again but I reckon maybe 4 weeks between occurrences and has not happened since.

But on balance, Im pretty okay with it over SHAC. Definitely needs less messing with to cope with even more complicated LAN side set ups.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

At the minute the GUI is painfully slow.  Hopefully a firmware update will address it in the near future.

And yeah, mine did a similair lease dropping thing, solved by a reboot. Did it again but I reckon maybe 4 weeks between occurrences and has not happened since.

But on balance, Im pretty okay with it over SHAC. Definitely needs less messing with to cope with even more complicated LAN side set ups.

blueyy
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Yeah, it beats the hell out of the Sky Router, and I don't have to touch it too much!

Thanks for responding Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Eriba
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just moved onto the Super hub 3.

Some things have impressed me so far, one or two things to sort like connecting wireless, in list of available connections VM74XXXXX I don't see an option of VM74XXXXX 5G on my Sony Z3 phone and tablet.

Looked at GUI (is it) and both 2.4 and 5G are set to on as default, but yet only one option is available.

So not able to take advantage of the faster connection option.

0 Kudos
bbz149
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This Router is a joke!! Takes 20 seconds + just to allow me to input the logon Password. Its so slow that the browser pops up with a warning saying the page is taking slower than usual! Even when I want to just add Port forwarding or something simple its just painfully too slow. Thinking of purchasing another Wireless Router and disabling everything on the SuperHub and just use it as a Modem :-(

This thing is Solid State and the slowest Router I have every used when it comes to configuration!!!

0 Kudos
peterberg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

We have just had the SH3 delivered as part of a speed upgrade.  Connection speed is great, router is rubbish.  As everyone else has said , takes 20 sec to load the landing page then as long again every time you move to another page or apply any change to config.  Don't even toalk to me about boot up speed. Not only could I go and make tea, I could make a roast dinner (and eat it). Wireless connection speed is not as advertised either - we cannot get more than 400mbs in ac mode on a device that happily connects to a £20 'Chisco'  at close to 900mbs.   Can't switch off DHCP or control DNS unless you are in modem mode (we were using a Pi for this purpose as  we found DNS back to Virgin slow.  It also looks crap on diaplay in the living room (even compared to our venerable 'original'  Superhub which was slinky piano black.  And who the hell are ARRIS?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

peterberg wrote:

We have just had the SH3 delivered as part of a speed upgrade.  Connection speed is great, router is rubbish.  

Technically its the GUI that's rubbish. Unless your great connection speed is not through your router... Smiley Wink

And who the hell are ARRIS?

ARRIS are a mickey mouse operation out of the States who only turned over just north of 5.4 BILLION US$ last year. And acquired PACE in the UK

I like you, preferred the black of the OLD SHUB models, but piano black is sooo last year, and attracts dust from a 30 mile radius. All the kids are down with white now, I blame Apple.

The Arris model is used throughout Liberty Global  operations in Europe, likely the UK is now considered too small a market to get its own modem/router.  And it will be a decent piece of kit when they get the GUI and feature set sorted out. There ARE issues and IMHO its way early for general release. But at a guess, inventory and  roll out of more downstream channels have kind of forced the issue. It could be worse. It could be SHUB1 with its fast GUI and woeful performance...

0 Kudos
peterberg
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

By connection speed I mean BB speed (ie we are getting what we pay for). However our wireless ac speed is far less than can be obtained from a cheap Chinese no-brand device that we had on our old SH1 set to modem mode (we could get close to 900mbs as against the 400mbs we are getting from SH3). One step forward, two back.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Personally I find the HUB3's wireless faster than any of the others in the SH range. 2.4 Ghz Range is not as good as SHAC in my experience, YMMV but oddly gives better coverage in the areas it does reach (more stable,faster connection)

I wouldn't use wireless as a performance indicator or any router, its too prone to interference.

If you haven't messed round with separating out the 2.4 and 5 bands, might be worth a punt- a hassle I know but others have seen improved results.

Other than that, wireless performance seems fairly much on par with other ISP's offerings. If you are using a lot of wireless devices, its time for a separate router IMHO. 

peterberg
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean "separating out the 2.4 & 5 GHz"? At the moment we left both broadcasting the same SSID and using the same password. Previously we gave each band its own. Do you think that would help?
0 Kudos