Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)

External junction box broken

Hi,

The junction box outside my house is completely broken and all the wires and splitters/etc are open to the elements. The last VM engineer to visit said he'd replace it but didn't have any new junction boxes with him at the time but said he'd drop one around at some point, but never did. Any idea how I can get a new box installed?

Thanks,
Keith

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)

ng to do is to put a plastic bag round the exposed splitter - if you haveRe: External junction box broken

The first thing to do is to put a plastic bag round the splitter if you haven't already done so.

The VM bods take about a week to get to a thread and when they do, they'll try to help you out.  But you may have to persist with them as the local field staff can be a law unto themselves.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (80 Views)

Re: External junction box broken

Hi keithl8041,

Welcome to the Community!

Is it the box attached to your property? If so, I can arrange for someone to come out and repair/replace it for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the box is attached to my property, it's accessible from the front of the property (no need to come inside). Please do arrange to get someone around to fix it.

Cheers,
Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the speedy response!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos