Menu
Beabea
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Exterior box broken - 1 month delay for engineer?

We live on a main road and dont have a front garden. One night some charming hooligan chose to kick the Virgin Media exterior cable box off the wall, leaving all the wires exposed.

I called Virgin on the 21st of October and someone called Ajay Kumar told me an engineer would visit and repair it within 48 hours. He wasn't able to give me a reference number because his 'system was down'. No one arrived...

I called Virgin again on the 2nd of November and the fault was logged as reference 3597 6920. I was told that the system advised the phone Op that the Engineer would visit on the 2nd of December, but that this was a technicality and I would definitely be contacted by Virgin before this date to bring the visit forward.

It's now two weeks later and I've heard nothing. Given that my first call to Virgin was a complete waste of time I dont have a lot of faith that the Engineer will appear. Our TV picture was starting to deteriorate so we have taped a temporary cover over the exposed wires but given what we pay for Virgins service I am very unimpressed.

Can anyone advise if this is the standard of service I can expect? Is anyone likely to arrive on the 2nd of December? Is there any way to bring the Engineers visit date forward?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Exterior box broken - 1 month delay for engineer?

Hi Beabea,

Really very sorry to hear about all the bother you've had with this. Smiley Sad

I've had a look at your account and I am unable to locate any earlier dates for us to sort this for you at present.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat about this some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Beabea you can check for early slots online via -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=97832&CURRENT_... engineer should be booked onto system for the 2nd so somebody should turn up.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Beabea,

Really very sorry to hear about all the bother you've had with this. Smiley Sad

I've had a look at your account and I am unable to locate any earlier dates for us to sort this for you at present.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat about this some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos