Menu
m0bov
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extending the coax lead (newbie)

Hi all, getting the service installed in a few months at my new home. The socket (old Telewest brand) are going to be on the wrong side of the room. I am not 100% sure as we have not moved in yet, but if we need to move the socket, would the engineer use a coax lead to extend it, or would they pull the cable back and drill and make another entry into the property? Its the widthof the living room so not huge distance?

Also, would the replace the Telelwest socket for a new Virgin one?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extending the coax lead (newbie)

m0bov wrote:

Hi all, getting the service installed in a few months at my new home. The socket (old Telewest brand) are going to be on the wrong side of the room. I am not 100% sure as we have not moved in yet, but if we need to move the socket, would the engineer use a coax lead to extend it, or would they pull the cable back and drill and make another entry into the property? Its the widthof the living room so not huge distance?

Thanks,

James

If the place you want the new point is on an outside wall they will probably move it. If not then the wiring will have to be internal from the existing isolator box, which they may renew depending on its condition.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
chrisrepton
Just joined
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They would probably look to replace it as they don't know if the level of degradation in the old line would affect the quality of service that VM would provide.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

m0bov wrote:

Thanks,

James

If the place you want the new point is on an outside wall they will probably move it. If not then the wiring will have to be internal from the existing isolator box, which they may renew depending on its condition.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
m0bov
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it looks quote old. I even have some pics of it.

https://goo.gl/photos/S8KAkDXCNsxWSRZS6

0 Kudos