Menu
SkylarRuby
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Expansion plans

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can provide some details as to when virgin will expand into the Skelmersdale area? Back in January the checker used to say 'we're on our way...' but now it says 'expanding our network'. However, if you register your interest it changes to 'we're on our way!' and there are 599 people who have registered their interest.

Sorry if this question seems redundant but I just can't wait for virgin to expand as right now we're stuck on an unstable and slow bt connection (we've had 6 engineers since the start of the year with a 7th booked, so to say we're fed up with bt is an understatement). Also, there is virgin media near to Skelmersdale (Wigan and st.helens to name two places).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expansion plans

hiya @SkylarRuby welcome to the virginmedia community forum, it will be around 4+ days for the forum admin to reply, and they'll ask the construction/teams involved in project lightning on possible time scale. look at -> http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/#!lat=53.549192505347634&lng=-2.765046757580536&zoom=14&type=terrain&... virginmedia is rather close to the area, but a lot of work is required to get a area online months of planning, cost etc...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
SkylarRuby
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@paultechy thank you for the information, I imagine it'll be a while before/if we're connected but it'll be nice to have some information, I didn't know about the think broadband map.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

a lot of people dont
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos