Menu
chunkdafunk
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Everything's dead (all services lost)

Long story short, there was a reported fault in area 01 on Tuesday, fixed on wednesday around 1pm.  After this point my home has lost connection to all services.

BB showing no connection (router power flashing green) when I check the hub diagnostics it states signal: Blocked.

If I run the online test and it states equipment is turned off.

My tivo box and HD box both dead with the same, no signal.  I have spoke to support 2 calls on mobile waiting for like 20+ minutes each time to be told I have a problem with equipment my side.  I have told them of the fault repair in the area and that the cause points to what ever happened in my area earlier in the week.

I have a engineer booked for this week but I am a little perturbed that it is plainly obvious that the two events seem linked and the fact that it currently states signal block and the online checker states the equipment is turned off.  This sounds like it is the connection to the house (cabinet) and nothing at all to do with the equipment in my home.  

Surely this should be easily checked via the VM diagnostics?

PS waiting 40 mins + to talk to a scripted support procedure is not a great service, neither is a web chat that I can have open all day and only becomes available once at 19.50.  I entered my details to be told online chat hours end at 8pm......

Apologies for the tone but I have never had this level of service before.

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Everything's dead (all services lost)

does sound as though something has gone wrong with the account - will flag the thread and see if i can get someone to have a look - they will need details so keep an eye on the thread for a request of same via pm

@ModTeam - can some kind soul have a look

Tony
0 Kudos
chunkdafunk
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony for the reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning chunkdafunk,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing loss of broadband and TV service.

Looking at your connection, both services are showing as offline and not locked onto the network. I can see you have an appointment booked shortly for an engineer to check this over and they will check the local exchange to see if it was due to the fault in your area. 

Let us know how the visit goes.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chunkdafunk
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply.  I have had the engineer round this afternoon and it was what I thought had happened.  An installer had onboarded a new customer and left our connection (in the cabinet) unplugged.  It is all now up and running.

Can I just check that cant this sort of thing be checked via your system as I tried to explain to the overseas call centre people that from the tivo, hd box and hub diagnostics everything was saying that no connection was reaching the property.

Also last night I had to buy data as my two revising teenagers (and a partner currently writing her thesis) were having to hotspot from my phone to gain access to their study materials.  I also work partially from home so this was a necessity. Is there any compensation for this sort of cost incurred.

As I said to the engineer, I dont normally have any issues with BB (being so close to the cabinet) tivo yes but that was the box not the signal.  The customer experience with this has been somewhat stressful especially 2 support calls with waiting time of 25 mins each (mobile call, no landline) only to get a scripted response with no deviation and anything 'off script' get the engineer booked answer.

I know it is easier now knowing what the fault was to actually just visit the cabinet and see what was going on as all VM tests were saying equipment unplugged and all their diagnostics stating signal blocked.

Thanks 

Phil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply and letting us know how the visit went.

When we complete diagnostics this side we can see issue's/faults on the line or network. If a connection is showing as offline and not locked onto the network, as there could be many factors that could cause the issue, we then proceed with an engineer appointment to physical check the line. 

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos