Menu
zayn93
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet Switch Issues

Hello,

First time posting, need some help with an issue I have.

I recently purchased an ethernet smart switch (Netgear GS108) which I have connected directly to my superhub 3.0. I have my DESKTOP connected to the netgear switch as well as a WD my cloud storage. The problem I am having is as soon as the Netgear switch is connected, all wifi connections to the hub have no internet access. All devices can still connect to the super-hub but there is no internet access. All wired devices that are connected to the Netgear switch or directly to the super-hub 3.0 are extremely slow to an unusable stage. 

Things I have tried:

Trying a new alternative switch
Factory resetting the super-hub.30

Note: As soon as the Netgear switch is removed and i connect my desktop directly to the super-hub 3.0 all issues are eliminated but i need a smart switch in the room I have my desktop as there is several devices I would like to connect directly via cable, ie WD storage, printer, TV etc etc.

Would appreciate it greatly if someone can help with this situation. Any questions feel free to ask and thank you !

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet Switch Issues

Perhaps you could try a regular switch?X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
zayn93
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry i'm a bit nooby at this but do you mean like an unmanaged switch?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I used a cheap £10 switch from amazon and it worked, perhaps disabling the fancy features will stop the hub crashing
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what is the default IP address of the smartswitch. If its the same as the superhub it will not work. Change the smart switch ip to something else like 192.168.0.2
0 Kudos