Menu
pezpod
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit for advice on moving incoming line

Hi everyone.  New here but have been a VM customer for years. The location of our incoming cable (for TV, broadband, and landline) is not ideal and we have poor wireless in several parts of the house. We have put up with it for years but we are doing some renovation work this year and want to resite the incoming cable as part of this.  Do I just ask for an advisory engineer visit and pay £99 for the privilege?  And does any one know how much it might cost to move it?  We might also be looking for a second line to be installed if anyone has advice on that. Thanks so much for your help. 

0 Kudos
pezpod
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit for advice on moving incoming line

So I called Virgin to see what they said, and they said that I should book an engineer visit and that the charge would be £99 for relocation of equipment.  If after a conversation I decide I don't want the work doing that day, they will just cancel the job and there will be no charge.  Does that sound right to you? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit for advice on moving incoming line

Not sure about cancelling on the day. I would suspect that even if you did not want the work done it would still cost you as the engineer would have been booked for you.

Also you cannot have a second Line installed as it's one account per household.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos