Menu
MDP81
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer trespassing on private property

A Virgin Media engineer dug up my drive today in order to connect my neighbour to their network. They had no permission to do so and left a mess for us to clear up. Who can I contact to complain and request either compensation or the removal of the cable?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer trespassing on private property

hiya @MDP81 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, you can view virginmedia complaint process via -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... heard of connecting cable at the omni box, small brown/external box for a temporary measure but not digging up drive.. it would be around a 5+ days or less for the forum admin to reply.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

MDP81 wrote:
A Virgin Media engineer dug up my drive today in order to connect my neighbour to their network. They had no permission to do so and left a mess for us to clear up. Who can I contact to complain and request either compensation or the removal of the cable?

Its also worth making sure that it was actually your drive, as in within your property bounds and not the part that is on the public footpath as this isn't actually "yours" and images would help people advise you better

0 Kudos
MDP81
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is definitely my drive and not public property. It is currently a gravel drive from the road to the house. They have gone up there because it is easier than digging up the neighbour's paved drive.
It also means that if we choose to pave our drive we have to worry about future access to those wires.
0 Kudos
MDP81
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paultechy. Thanks for the reply. That is useful information but it assumes you are a customer. I cannot get beyond the automated response without a phone number or account number. As I am not a customer, do you know of another way to speak to anybody in Customer Care?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if you press #0 a few times it should bypass it.. or press nothing 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MDP81

Many thanks for letting us know about the issues with the access to your property and the digging up of the drive.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that this has happened.

Can you let us know if you have been successful in raising a complaint regarding this?

If not if you can pop back to me on a PM to let me know:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • The neighbours address
  • Your preferred contact number

I can then look into this for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MDP81

Thanks for the PM!

I've dropped a PM back to you and I'm looking to get a resolution to this for you.

I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MDP81

Just catching up to say I'm still chasing this for you.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I can with an update for you.

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MDP81

Just a catch up to say the teams are looking into this and I have sent them a chaser for an update today for you.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos