Menu
Jtrav81
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Engineer didn't turn up to complete instalation

I was scheduled to be connected on Feb 10th between 08:00 and 13:00. I waited in and even logged onto live chat at 12:15 who advised me that an engineer will arrive. At 16:00 I called customer services who cut me off after being on hold for over an hour.

The next day I logged onto my virgin media and my engineer visit has been rescheduled to 21st February. No one from virgin media have contacted me about this so now I have wasted a full day waiting in and my old service provider has switched off my services so I will be without broadband for 12 days.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer didn't turn up to complete instalation

Evening Jtrav81,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm so sorry to read of the delay for the installation of your Virgin Media services and the reschedule of the appointment.

I would like to check your account and help further, however I was unable to locate the account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

I really appreciate you getting back to us on your most recent PM

In relation to what you asked below, I'll ask the teams if this does mean that you can be connected as this does not show at the address that this is possible.

I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Kindest regards

I know that I have been told that I can't be connected due to the cost of putting cable across the road but that work has been carried out this week. Does that mean I can get connected now?
Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jtrav81
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok so just an update from my end. We now have trenches right to our property which have been dug by Kelly group on behalf of virgin media. Did you get any news back regarding my connection?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

They came back to me this morning to say:

This address is at IC (a holding stage code on our systems indiciating this is not ready), so it hasn’t been release to LS (this is the stage it needs to be at) yet. We haven’t received a failed install through for it but I have sent it on to the MDU (a team to support)guys to see if they know anything.

I'll let you know when I know more.

Thanks

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

The most recent feedback I've had on this today is this:

Still in progress. Awaiting an update as to when it will complete’

As soon as I know more I'll be back in touch.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

The system is still showing as unable to be cabled at this point so I've sent an email to the teams to touch base with them to see if this can be looked at if the work has been completed.

Thanks!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

Here's an update for you Smiley Happy

They have confirmed this as complete and build manager is sending for this to be released today so should be LS by Thursday.

LS stands for Live Serviceable and is the stage the property has to be at before we can release this to Sales.

I'll check the address on Thursday for you to see if this has been updated. Once this is confirmed you can then contact Sales and book a new installation with us Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jtrav81

My apologies I didn't get back to you last week. My son was ill so I was not in on the agreed date to check this for you.

I can see that you have contacted us to catch up with the teams and this is all sorted now for you.

I'd like to thank you for working with me over the last 5 months on the community forms and I'm so happy to see this is finally going ahead for you!

Take care and pop back anytime you need support!

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jtrav81
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

I have just been informed that my installation will not go ahead tomorrow due to more issues with the construction team. I feel so let down and to be told less than 24hours when I have booked time off work is not acceptable.

I have been receiving updates about my installation over the last 2 weeks, why leave it to the last minute to inform me and apparently the next available slot is only on the 25th so now I will be without broadband AGAIN, I have wasted a days holiday (that's 4 now that I have used since January waiting for engineers to show up).

Terrible service
0 Kudos