Menu
ccull14
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Engineer did not turn up. Now left with no internet.

Virgin Media were meant to install our service on 2nd March and arranged themselves with BT to have our service with BT stopped on the 2nd March. On 2nd March, the Virgin Media engineer never showed up and I had to call them to find out what was going on as by this point BT had cut us off. It wasn't until I got in contact with them that they told me they had not laid the cable in the street and would have to push this back to the 27th April. I explained that people in the house work from home and we cannot be left without broadband, however they seemed completely disinterested and told me we would have to wait until the 27th.

The service is absolutely disgusting. They are the ones who arranged with BT to have our line cancelled and have provided no help at all when I explained that BT have cut us off and they have moved the date of the install back nearly 2 months.

I want to put in a formal complaint, however, there is no email address to forward complaints to and I have already spent hours on the telephone with them where everyone seemed more than happy to pass me on to someone else.

Does anybody have a point of contact so I can actually speak to someone via email? Their online chat is equally useless as it constantly says all agents are busy so you cannot talk to anyone that way either.I am so tempted to go back to BT. We ordered the package on the 25th January and they are saying it will take 4 months in total to get the line installed. I live near London, not out in the country!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer did not turn up. Now left with no internet.

Hi ccull14

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, certainly not one we'd have wanted for you. I can certainly understand your frustrations and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I do hope you've been able to get some help with this since your post. For future reference though you can view our complaints policy to find out how to raise a complaint should you wish to do so. 

Again, I am sorry for how things have been. Should you need anything else you can get back to us on here or use our contact us section for further methods of contact. 

Many thanks

Ian_LP

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos