Menu
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

EXPRESS VPN SUPERHUB 3 DDWRT TPLINK WDR3600 ROUTER SETTINGS PLEASE?

Hi everyone!

A month ago I set up TWO TPLINK WDR3600 ROUTERS BOTH EXACTLY THE SAME flashed with ddwrt, entered the necessary EXPRESS VPN information (using open VPN) and, after much fiddling, managed to connect to the VPN and use both my Amazon Firestick and my friend's fire TV.

So far so good!  Two weeks ago the nice Virgin engineers connected my friend's new Superhub 3 so I returned his TPLink router and his Fire TV.  He could not connect to the VPN through the Superhub 3.  He has disabled Safeweb and other related settings in his account.  This week I spent three hours tinkering with the Superhub's firewall and settings to no avail as well as trying and failing with the Superhub in modem mode.

I am now at a complete loss apart from believing there are some more advance settings which can be accessed.  The best option would be if someone who has this all working could send me copy of their backup settings.  Alternatively, I should be grateful to receive any further suggestions please.

Thanks and best wishes,

Mike.

0 Kudos
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: EXPRESS VPN SUPERHUB 3 DDWRT TPLINK WDR3600 ROUTER SETTINGS PLEASE?

Just to clarify my initial post, I got everything working at home through my Sky Hub 2.

I am aware that there has recently been a firmware upgrade to 9.1.116V but not sure whether my friend's hub yet has it and whether it will assist with getting a VPN connection or not.

Any suggestions and comments would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos