Menu
strong_77
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dynamic Range Windows Violation

Hi,

Intermittently dropping internet access from broadband (approx every 30 mins). Reboot of the Broadband router fixes it and then happens again. Looking in Network logs am getting that "Dynamic Range Windows Violation" error, although the error seems to get written after\during the reboot, and the reboot seems to clear the log??

Attached screen shot of error and up\downstream activity

Network LogNetwork LogUp\Downstream channelsUp\Downstream channels

This has been happening for last 3 days... which doesn't help when working from home.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dynamic Range Windows Violation

This message usually means that the upstream is playing up. If, for example on boot up or at any time, any one channel has a power level 12 dBmv different from another, then this event occurs. The stats might catch it, but most likely not. If it only happens at boot up, then there is something glitching, probably on the noise side.

Btw, your downstream power is too high. It should be below 10dBmv according to VM (and my sticky post). But the absence of RS errors indicates that the power level downstream is not a problem.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

strong_77
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but not really sure what the up\downstream bits are or how I can fix them.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just done a bit of triage for you. The VM bods take a week or so to get to a thread and when they do, they will check the power levels you posted against the power levels they see when looking into your hub.

If the downstream power is still too high, they will book a technician to put that right. Then you can see if the DRV has gone away.

Is the DRV a regular thing now?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi strong_77,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network causing intermittent connection - Ref.(F004916383). The technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible and have set a review date of December 2nd at 6pm.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after the review date and I'll take another look for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
strong_77
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all, I was sent a replacement SuperHub 3 and since that has been in the problem has disappeared.

Cheers for all the replies!

0 Kudos