Menu
Champers69
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Downstream Channels locked - No Internet

Had VM installed Friday 16th December at new home. TV and Phone work fine, but no internet.  There was an outage in the area, so engineer could not verify the Internet.  The outage was fixed on Wednesday 21st (not impressed with speed of repair), however, still no internet.  After talking to tech support, an engineer is booked to visit on Friday 30th December.  So 2 weeks from install internet may get fixed.  Out of desperation, my step son tried our Superhub 2 on his Grandparents VM, no internet.  Using their router on in our house, we get internet.  Called VM to request a new Superhub, but they refuse to send one as an engineer is booked.  I checked settings on the Superhub and all but one of the Downstream Channels are locked.  Is there anything I can do to get internet before end of the year?  2 teenage children, Christmas holidays and no internet is not a pleasant thought

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downstream Channels locked - No Internet

swapping SH's as you have done proves not a lot i think - the mac address of the hub is locked to an account so the one that worked would [i think] simply be locking to the activated good account - yours would not as there sounds to be something wrong with the activation

you say the TV is working so that suggests the connection is there - get back on the phone - you are likely to get offshore - see what they can do or keep trying until you get someone in the UK who will have more idea - get them to try activating the BB again or at least checking its activated

post the upstream and downstream levels from your hum and the network log

in the mean time will flag the thread to try and get VM to have look quicker than their normal reply time which is about a week at the moment

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

swapping SH's as you have done proves not a lot i think - the mac address of the hub is locked to an account so the one that worked would [i think] simply be locking to the activated good account - yours would not as there sounds to be something wrong with the activation

you say the TV is working so that suggests the connection is there - get back on the phone - you are likely to get offshore - see what they can do or keep trying until you get someone in the UK who will have more idea - get them to try activating the BB again or at least checking its activated

post the upstream and downstream levels from your hum and the network log

in the mean time will flag the thread to try and get VM to have look quicker than their normal reply time which is about a week at the moment

Tony
0 Kudos
Champers69
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, makes sense about the SH being locked to an account.  The SH was used in my partners previous address.  Would this make a difference?  Can't post the upstream and downstream levels or log at the moment as I am at work and of course no internet at home.  I have a picture of the Downstream Channels if this helps

IMG_20161223_071005.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

that shows a fault - obviously - as theres only one channel locked - am confused as you say the TV is working but i know nothing about how the split is made - both TV and BB come down the same cable - add to that i am not sure what the SH sees if the BB is not activated

you could try all the stuff offshore will take you through - reboot the SH although you have effectively done that by changing to the other one - try a factory reset on your hub - hold the button in a good 30 sec

the fact you get internet using another [registered] SH does point to yours being faulty or not activated so push for it to be re-activated - its certainly saying the signal is there

Tony
0 Kudos
Champers69
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will try a SH reset again.  Have tried this but not for a full 30 seconds.  It has had many reboots!, then will call WM this afternoon

Thanks for your help Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Champers69,

Really sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced. Smiley Sad

I'd like to help you with this but I am unable to locate your account at present.

I've therefore sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J wrote:

Hi there Tony,

Really sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced. Smiley Sad

I'd like to help you with this but I am unable to locate your account at present.

I've therefore sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

hopefully pm went to user as you seem to be addressing me 

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi -tony-,

Yes, schoolboy error there... Smiley Tongue

Thanks for flagging this.

PM has been sent correctly... using the correct username. My apologies for the mishap.

Thanks again for your help,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Champers69
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat
New hub 3 arrived on 28th and has solved the Internet connection issues. Thanks for your assistance. Happy New Year
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Champers69, 

Thanks for letting us know that your new Hub arrived on the 28th and has solved your connection problems, this is great!

Just remember if you require any assistance in future then post back here and we'll gladly take a look and help out for you in any way we can.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos