Menu
Bebebutton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do I need an updated Hub?

My broadband speed is 200 Mbps and I have an older hub - would it perform better with a new Hub?

I also received an email from Virgin telling me my speed was being increased and that I should log into my account, but I'm already paying for 200 and it's not changed. Any idea what the email means?
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need an updated Hub?

You need a SH3 for a 200M connecton... SH2 only goes up to 100M

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not true - i consistently got 140+ actual on the 152 package from my old SH1,  before moving to Hub3 & i doubt that the SH2 was worse than the SH1. If it can't do 200 it can certainly do 150. VM may cap something at their end but that actual hardware can go faster than 100 for sure

0 Kudos
Bebebutton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still unsure if I should be contacting VM to request an updated Hub. When I upgraded, they never mentioned anything to me and I feel that they should have checked the Hub I was using and if it wasn't suitable, they should have addressed the issue. Does anyone from VM answer enquires on here?
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They do, eventually- could be a week or longer. you can log in to view your package, that will show if you have 200 in place.

if you phone retentions, you will get someone who speaks English & you can say thinking of leaving because your hub has not been upgraded and you are not gettting the promised speed. You may then get a free hub 3 That may be better that dealing with the clueless indian script monkeys

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bebebutton,

Thanks for posting!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out for you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kevnjohn
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the similar kind of problem but after changing the SH3 it starts performing perfectly.

0 Kudos