Menu
user1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection issues

Hello
We have been without broadband and TV since 10am ish Wed 29th March. Despite endless calls no progress has been made.

What is so frustrating is that the online service status details no problem. Also despite registering for updates via text no messages are received.

Call centre operatives spoken to seem just as fed up as I am and so unprofessional.

All operatives have said that there is an a priority 4 issue beyond control (a Virgin engineer I met in the road during the week mentioned something similar and said it was complicated!) and latest fix is now 6pm April 5th!!!

I appreciate there are more important things to worry about in life but the monthly costs keep increasing and the service decreases. Our connection seems to go down 3 or 4 times a month.

My family is getting totally fed up.

I can't seem to speak to anybody who will take ownership of the issue and keep me informed with progress. Requests for a senior manager to call me have fallen on deaf ears. That is probably the most frustrating aspect of this saga.

The last operator I spoke to completed a formal complaint form on my behalf although I doubt whether this will help anybody or do any good.

I was held in a queue yesterday for over 23 minutes before I actually spoke to somebody. It can't keep going on like this.

Help. Thank you.

Helpful Answers
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnection issues

In my experience, VM agents deal with each phone call as an individual event and there is no internal system of follow up. If you want regular updates the only way is to keep calling them. You will get a different agent each time and have to explain everything from scratch. This also applies if you are past on to a different agent.and promises of return calls should be taken with a very large pinch of salt. Likewise you may never receive a response to the complaint registered on your behalf. This is not to say that there are not good agents, it is just the system is set up to deal quickly with routine enquires and managers are mainly interested in getting agents to process calls quickly and are very reluctant to get involved with your actual problem.

One of the VM forum support team may be able to find out more information on the fault causing your loss of service, but it can take up to a week to get a response. You may want to consider changing the heading to something like Why Total Loss of Service as it might grab attention sooner.

If you speak to the accounts team you should be able to get a credit for the days without service.

All Replies
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In my experience, VM agents deal with each phone call as an individual event and there is no internal system of follow up. If you want regular updates the only way is to keep calling them. You will get a different agent each time and have to explain everything from scratch. This also applies if you are past on to a different agent.and promises of return calls should be taken with a very large pinch of salt. Likewise you may never receive a response to the complaint registered on your behalf. This is not to say that there are not good agents, it is just the system is set up to deal quickly with routine enquires and managers are mainly interested in getting agents to process calls quickly and are very reluctant to get involved with your actual problem.

One of the VM forum support team may be able to find out more information on the fault causing your loss of service, but it can take up to a week to get a response. You may want to consider changing the heading to something like Why Total Loss of Service as it might grab attention sooner.

If you speak to the accounts team you should be able to get a credit for the days without service.
Yipjahoodie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I too have been having problems on and off for 3 weeks! one day I will go to my emails and it says 'forbidden'  after complaining to them it can work for say 2-3 days and then I can get 'error 503'. I think they need to get their act together otherwise I will be looking at gmail.

0 Kudos
user1967
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to say that I still have had no TV nor broadband since 10am last Wednesday despite phoning every day other than Thursday nor Sunday!!! Promised call backs and a booked engineers visit yesterday have not materialised despite my wife waiting in all PM. I am at wits end!!! Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey user1967,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent loss of service, I appreciate how inconvenient this is.

Checking your connection today, it looks like you're back up and running. I really hope normal service has been restored, please let me know if you still need help.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
user1967
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
The service was EVENTUALLY restored on Tuesday PM after calling Virgin EVERY day since last Wednesday (frequently the calls would last in excess of 60mins) - many would have given up and awaited for an engineer to eventually turn up - my wife waited in all Monday PM for a promised engineer but to no avail - the lack of communication between departments is extremely concerning - I am awaiting a full written apology from Virgin.
0 Kudos