Menu
Perplexed07
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed yet again...

I rang up 150 last Saturday to advise my connection had dropped on the Super Hub 2ac (Flashing blue tick, blinking green internet arrows) - was firstly advised that there was an issue in the area and an engineer was booked in to investigate Monday.

Came home from work Monday - still no connection (attempted all rudimentary checks and possible remedies from my end, restarts etc.). Called Tech Support back up and spoke to someone who was extremely rude who told me that there was no issue and no engineer had attended as a problem was not registered in the area, and that the fault was on my end. Asked for their name and was hung up on. Called back. Advised what had happened and the person on the other end of the phone INSISTED on running the checks that had literally just been done. Couldn't tell me anything further.

Was advised I would get a call to provide an update which didn't happen. Rang back later in the evening and had an automated message stating that an appointment was booked in for the 27th of Feb, which I never agreed to make as I couldn't be home! I then advised the Tech Support person that was using a 2ac Hub that I'd had for over 3 years from my first property as a VM customer.

Advised that the new 3.0 will resolve the problem as the 2ac is old and not working properly.

Delivery arranged for Thursday. Yodel's terrible courier service meant that I didn't receive the new router until Saturday, meaning my partner and I have taken days off work to wait for this to turn up for nothing.

Finally got delivered and to my amazement...! No internet still. Hub 3.0 showing WiFi light and Internet lights blinking green.

I am furious. I have spoke to the Customer Retentions team about cancelling my contract and have charmingly advised me that I theoretically 'do not have a leg to stand on' as an engineer has not been out to assess the issue.

Engineer booked in for this approaching Thursday evening. Meaning it will be almost two weeks without any broadband. The only item in my package is 150MB fibre broadband, which I'm not receiving. Told that I will not be billed for the downtime duration - rightly so - but were not willing to provide any redress for the constant misinformation, clueless and generally appalling customer service I have received over the last week plus. Currently using my Virgin Mobile as a WiFi hotspot to enable to me and my partner to work at home. I upgraded from a 1GB to 20GB data contract which doesn't go live until the 9th March so am well over my data allowance because of this. Expecting a massive bill because of this which I'm sure won't be redress.

Long story short, tech support haven't a clue what they're doing (mostly, there are a small handful who are absolutely spot-on, sadly didn't deal with any of them in the last week). VM force you to pay to leave for a service you aren't receiving. General customer service and retention is appalling. Yodel are awful too.

If anyone has any ideas about how to resolve this my side (if it's even possible) that would be fantastic. Off to have a hunt around the house to see if there are any more VM connection ports I can try in the desperate hope that it's the port at the front of my house that's packed in.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointed yet again...

sounds like offshore make it up as they go on - put another way - rubbish

i doubt there is anything wrong with your SH2 and if you connect it back its likely to give you an internet connection - thats is working on the assumption that you have not activated the hub3 or the activation failed

so 

1 - re connect the SH2 and hopefully it will work

2 - log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures also network log

if that works then see what the levels etc are and if you need a tech - if so wait for VM here to sort one - they take a week or so to get to threads - if the SH2 will not connect then post that detail back and we can go from there

Tony
0 Kudos
Perplexed07
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for response, did try reconnecting the SH2 to see if that would work but TS have already activated the Hub3. Will post the results of router status etc. when I'm back home later.

May be worth noting that I checked outside my house this morning and the brown cover for the external cabling was unscrewed and completely caked with mud - most likely down to weathering, seems like that might be the issue.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perplexed07 wrote:
Cheers for response, did try reconnecting the SH2 to see if that would work but TS have already activated the Hub3. Will post the results of router status etc. when I'm back home later.

May be worth noting that I checked outside my house this morning and the brown cover for the external cabling was unscrewed and completely caked with mud - most likely down to weathering, seems like that might be the issue.

may be a problem with the connection in the omnibox but i would still try putting the SH2 back on - it would not be the first time an activation had failed 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Perplexed07,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to read about the problems you've had, I completely appreciate it's frustrating.

I've checked your account and I can see you've since called and you're up and running now.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Perplexed07
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I am back up and running after spending an HOUR on the phone this afternoon. I went through extensive processes with the tech team who then identified that I had a faulty Hub3. So I'm using my SuperHub 2ac, which according to the tech team didn't work!

And even more bizarre, engineer was booked in on Thursday afternoon, my connection was back on Thursday morning. Engineer tried to say it was the Hub3's getting stuck on activation that was the issue. Didn't have a response when I mentioned that my connection dropped when I had the SuperHub 2.

Technology is weird sometimes, I get that. What I'm more annoyed at is the general cluelessness of the tech team, instead of admitted that they were unsure what was happening with my broadband I would get lied to and be misinformed. It's poor customer experience.

Again, when the service itself works its amazing. However when something goes wrong (billing, technical issues) it turns into an absolute customer service disaster.

Coming away from this with no faith in Virgin, and probably going to switch when my contract expires. A shame really.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Perplexed07,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that your fault has been resolved, although I am sorry for the saga involved in the process.

I completely appreciate where you're coming from and I will pass on your feedback.

Thanks again for your continued patience,

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos