Menu
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Digital Signal Conditioning Filters ---- What do the different ones do/achieve ?

Can anyone tell me or explain what each of these filters do that are in the photo. They obviously alter the values of something by the stated db's .. but what exactly ?

conditioning_filters

Thanks Smiley Happy

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Digital Signal Conditioning Filters ---- What do the different ones do/achieve ?

Shamlessly C&P'ed from Cable Forums..

Hi
im a principal service engineer for ntl/telewest on Teesside.A forward path attenuator ( purple )reduces the signal strength on the forward path to your digi box or modem by whatever the value states on the attenuator.A forward path equaliser ( orange) reduces the lower analogue level accross the 3 measurements that we read ( low/med/hi ),and a cable simulator ( green ) reduces the hi digital signal level without touching the low analogue level.The cable simulator is only used where the drop cable length is very short and the hi digi signal is too strong.Both modems and digi boxes work within fine tolerences so its vital that levels are correct

pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Digital Signal Conditioning Filters ---- What do the different ones do/achieve ?

Thanks @Kippies. Although that was posted over 10 years ago , is it all still valid ? I mean what are the analogue and digital levels associated with it , that it refers to ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I really only have experience of FPA's to correct incoming signal levels.

At a guess the Hi Digital signal is what they used to use for TV transmission? Cos all the signal levels we deal with now across TiVo and HUB are analogue.

Im sure someone will correct me as that IS a stab in the dark.