Menu
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Delayed installation during switch from BT

Is this the service I will expect from Virgin?

I ordered I broadband, phone and tv. I asked for an installation date of the 21/2. A week later than the date offered. I then get all the texts and emails how do we get into the property, a team will be coming before installation date do you want to be there. I am switching from BT.

Then at 11.40pm the day before I get an email saying there is a problem and a new date of 8/3. Not a problem I'm still with BT. However VM informed BT too late and they have turned off my broadband. Told by BT I would need a new contract to get it switched on. However then they explained that if the installation was not completed in the 30 days (took advantage of price rise to leave) then I would be liable to the end of contract costs £298.  

Call VM and after 30-40 minutes you get passed from pillar to post and a sorry. 

Why did VM only discover the day before that there was a problem when they had text to say they were coming before installation date?

Why did VM inform BT so late? BT have told me that had VM informed them within 24hr that there was going to be a delay they could have continued my service?

No-one at VM can answer this!

After complaining to BT that I feel that none of this is my fault they agreed to waive £298 (Great Service) but said issue all down to VM, why leave then?

Left using a phone to access internet, £6.99 a gig, I to rig an antenna to get freeview since I cut the cables so from a sky box (I was using as freeview) so I didn't have cables everywhere the day before installation.

A valuable days of my holidays wasted and the morning trying to sort this?

No broadband 

What happens if there is a delay again?

Who will keep me informed of progress?

Joke service so far. But stuck between them and BT. 

Anyone help me because in terms of service BT seem to be the only people trying to help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed installation during switch from BT

Hi chezzydc

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues you have had with us to get installed.

It's not the best of starts and I my apologies about that Smiley Sad

I can see since you posted you have spoken to our teams about this and they have updated you with what is happening to get this sorted for you.

I can see the installation is due to be re-attempted in the very near future. Please keep in touch with us, and let us know how this goes for you and if you need anything else from us, just drop back and let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Joke company. Engineer came couldn't install. No construction work been done. Was assured, by the pre install operator who used the word promised, that it would be installed. 2nd day off. Call up to ask when construction is scheduled no one knows. Apparently the manager of construction is not answering calls but I'm told not to worry VM have left voice mail with him. That is rubbish how can a preinstallation not know when construction team due to do PREINSTALLATION work! No email like last time just utter incompetence. Then when I ask for manager like the website suggests. Told you can't speak to them and that they couldn't help anyway. This was a 50 minute plus call. Now waiting on a call back maybe VM will find someone who knows when you will be able to install. They might tell the preinstallation team. They might tell me. Doubt it. This would not have been any sort of issue if VM had not told BT to turn off my broadband 20 minutes before the first day of install. Is VM plan to keep on booking engineers and hope the construction team turns up? Not great use of money or communication. Virgin Media make customers promises they do not keep.
0 Kudos
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Promised call before 1pm - no call. No update.
0 Kudos
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Called to ask for an update. Nothing again told it might take til tomorrow afternoon before they know anything. Pre-installation manager (apparently a senior manager) couldn't tell me anything other than we are trying to find out why there is no install. He said another team is looking into this and he will email them asking for them to call me in the next hour. Given the success of leaving messages on voicemail let's see how VM handle email.
0 Kudos
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No one from VM bothered to call within hour.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chezzydc

Thanks for taking the time to get back in touch with us about the installation issues that you have had.

I am very sorry to hear it did not go ahead as expected and that there are further delays to your installation Smiley Sad

I appreciate you have spoken to our Pre Install teams about this since you posted and they are working on a resolution to this for you.

The construction team are now closed for the evening but I will speak to them in the morning and then check back in again with you with any further updates I can get regarding this for you.

My apologies once more about the continued delays.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Go back to BT. Virgin Media are a garbage tier level ISP.

0 Kudos
chezzydc
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Left Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chezzydc

I am very sorry to hear that you have decided to leave us. I do appreciate that there have been issues in getting you connected and we were working on this for you but i understand if you have decided not to remain with us.

If you could let the teams know that this is your decision via 0345 454 1111 and they will arrange to cancel the works we have pending with our Pre Install teams for you to ensure that the installation work they were doing for you does not activate in the future.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos