Menu
lordharris
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Damage during installation

Last month a technician installed Virgin in my home. While outside he ripped up a paving slap, removing the adjoining concrete and then made additional damage to my brick wall by accidentally smashing an entire brick on the exterior of the house. He attempted to cover it all up with Silicon Gel and its an absolute mess. The damage is completely unreasonable. He then left before actually connecting us to the internet.

The next week after complaining, another Virgin team, this time with a Supervisor came to inspect and connect us to the internet. We now thankfully have a signal and are connected. Despite being told that something would be done to mitigate the damage caused, nothing has been. I also made a separate complaint on the 150 number. This was several weeks ago. I have heard nothing by email, post or telephone to acknowledge the complaint and repair the damage to my brickwork and path. So again we rang this week and was told its on the system, but now the week is over and I still have no confirmation of my complaint in writing and worse than this no actual confirmation from Virgin that repairs will be carried out to the damage caused by their engineer.

I see no reason making another call; no one will confirm anything and I will not get a definite answer. The customer service I have experienced as a new customer is some of the worse I have ever received from a company anywhere. I am not sure what to do now as no one at Virgin seems to care. Is it usual now for me take the company to the small claims court for the damage done to my property? Thank for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage during installation

Hi lordharris

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about the damage caused during the installation and thank you too for taking the time to join us on the community forums.

I can see from recent notes on the account this week that we are in the process of arranging for a builder to attend to replace the brickwork damaged by our engineer for you.

If you don’t hear back from the teams about this by the end of next week if you could kindly pop back to us here or contact the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111, they’ll be happy to raise this with the area managers again for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos