Menu
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Check for Broadband, TV

Hi all,

After numerous months of me inquiring about getting Virgin I've had someone knock on the door today - he had a business card and a lanyard around his neck, as well as a Virgin branded car. 

He told me my house is finally getting cabled up, and added to the database Weds/Thurs this upcoming week and we would just need to set up everything with them. We can get everything, minus a phone line, as that isn't ready yet, however we're not too bothered about a phone as we have WiFi calling on our mobiles.

He asked for my Account Number & Sort Code for my bank account in order to perform the credit check, which I gave him, and now I'm panicking a little bit as I just gave it over so freely. 

Has anyone else had to do this? Either, via the phone or on the doorstep?

I've done it before with some other companies, in store, it was just due to the fact it was over the doorstep. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Check for Broadband, TV

normally those sales reps do come round door to door and would input your detail on there website using a tablet they carry around did they fill in paper or input your details using there tablet only the long number of your card is needed for a check account numbers are only be used for setting things up like direct debit. for payments. give vm a call see if they have your details as they would have them if its genuine. let us know how you get on calling them or use the live chat service in the help/contact us bit of the website  

0 Kudos
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

He didn't have a tablet, but he had the pre-contract agreement.

I was being a bit of a nark and I rang the number he gave me on his business card and made him come back round to the house and he had a Virgin branded car, etc. 

He rang yesterday, I'd passed the Credit Check and was booked in for the 18th of March, 8-1 slot for my install but needed to pay £25 there and then over the phone. I was a little suspicious didn't really wanna give my details out over the phone so I stalled him for a little bit.

Rang up Virgin themselves and they said how I was booked in for the 18th, same slot etc and even the package he'd offered me so finally knew he was genuine.

Long story short, i'm getting it installed on the 18th. £36 for the first 12 months for the Full House bundle with 200MB Broadband while we've waited over a year for it in our new build. Not bad at all Smiley Happy

Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

great to here hope you enjoy your new services. also good price. i pay 50 just for 200mb gamer  package  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos