Menu
GrantAlisonChlo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Construction Issue

Does anybody know what they are doing at Virgin Media?
It was meant to be installed on 26th Feb. Installer turns up on about 20 minutes before they finish their shift.
They do some work on the roadside then go (didn't knock the door or anything).
Installation team turn up and say the previous team failed to leave the wires on display so I have the "pleasure" of trying to get through then speaking to the pre installation team numerous times.
1. Said they will chase up the construction team and get back to me, guess what - no feedback.
2. Get through to them again. Say to expect a call within 48 hours from a manager on the construction team.
3. My Sky has now been cut off and I have a very grumpy 8 year old disappointed that she can't wait anything other than freeview channels.
4. At this rate next time I call VM will be to cancel my account for breach/Failure to honour contract.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction Issue

The best advice is always overlap your services with your previous provider & VM, as having separate infrastructure has its pitfalls. The most likely scenario is that the pre-install cable pull team (who will not knock on your door as they have no need to enter your property) found an obstruction in the street ducting. They then pass the problem to a construction team, who amongst other things have to obtain local authority work permits, plus do a survey with every other utility to ascertain they do not cause damage to their infrastructure at the site.

You are certainly looking at 2 weeks + of delays. You wont get a firm date until the relevant permits are issued.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GrantAlisonChlo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I signed up the 8th Feb, to be installed the 20th Feb. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks of waiting without VM even contacting me even once. It's gone past a joke now, I contacted Sky when I signed up originally to be cancelled over a month later. Didn't think I'd still be waiting, believed VM was a better company than this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GrantAlisonChlo,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos