Menu
gettinold
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant dropping out - NG9

VM carried out 'improvement' work to services in our area on 21/9 ( Nott'm NG9 4HY ).  Ever since, we've had constant drop-outs on our 70mb broadband. These last 30mins+, morning, night time, but 4.30pm seems to be a favourite. Now 3+ per day. Green ready light unlit, superhub cycling to try and retrieve our connection. We know it's an issue with VM as it started the day after the service works. 

We've reluctantly stayed with VM despite  2 price increases this year. I wonder if these 'improvement' works are to help extend services to new customers...at the determent of us existing ones? 

We will be leaving if this is to a constant feature.

0 Kudos
gettinold
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant dropping out - NG9

10.30am and our 3rd drop-out of the morning😠... that I'm aware of.   We've had 3yrs+ service with no issues until VM carried out these service works. Well done.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gettinold, 

Thanks for posting to let us know that you're having issues with your connection constantly dropping out, I can understand you may be annoyed by these issues so I apologise for any troubles.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics I will require some additional information from you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andy9054
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I live in the same area and have faced same problem for several months and its just unacceptable as a service

I call 150 at least once a week and connection drops probably ten times a day that I know of, I use the service status page to reset the connection and/or reboot the router to bring it back online

I have been provided small refunds which dont reflect the issue given it is not fit for purpose and hasnt been for over 3 months. I was informed of a known utilisation issue over 2 months ago and told it was due for fix 19/10/16. I called on 19/10 and told it was due for fix last week, I then called yesterday and now its due for fixing 16/11. 

@Adam_L, please can you investigate and find out why the delay and provide some assurance it will be dealt with? Its more frustrating the monopoly virgin has in this area as I cant switch and still receive fibre speeds but I will be forced to soon even to a slower bu stable service.

0 Kudos
gettinold
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I didn't respond, Adam. The issue seems to have resolved itself, touch wood.
Thanks though for your attention.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi gettinold, 

Thanks for getting back to me!

I appreciate you letting me know that the issue seems to have resolved itself. This is great! 

Just remember if you require any further assistance, post back here on the forums and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos