Menu
Sargasso
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection problems to both an HP wireless printer & a Samsung mobile phone

Since taking delivery and installing a new Virgin Media Hub 3.0 I've been having problems connecting to both an HP 7520 wireless printer and my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. 

The printer itself tells me it's connected to the network without problem (although it changed its IP address) but trying to print from my computer I keep getting an "Unable to connect to printer" error message.

With my Samsung Galaxy, several apps now won't connect unless I disable the wi-fi connection, then they work fine using my data connection, but strangely a Google Nexus tablet works with no problems.

Any suggestions?  It's very frustrating.  Incidentally, with the previous Super Hub I had no problems at all. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problems to both an HP wireless printer & a Samsung mobile phone

Hi Sargasso,

The hub 3s wireless networks both have the same name for 2.4 and 5Ghz so it's likely your PC is connected to one and the printer is on the other which is why they aren't connecting. To fix this you can sign into the hubs config pages at 192.168.0.1 and differentiate the two networks in Advanced Wireless Settings.

As to the Galaxy it might be worth changing the wireless security setting from WPA2 Auto to WPA2 PSK AES. Do you get any particular error messages when these apps don't work?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
foxuzovyso
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection problems to both an HP wireless printer & a Samsung mobile phone

Well its a normal problem that we all usually face that our printer shows offline whereas it is online. The best method which is written in Hp Photosmart 7520 Manual of bringing an offline printer to online is:

• Go to devices and printers
  • Find the icon for the printer you originally installed
  • Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then select See what's printing
  • Click Printer. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark.
  • Try to print
0 Kudos