Menu
nigelcraft
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping out

Hi

just wondered if we may have an issue ,when using wired or wireless every now and then I just lose connection for a few minutes ,I don't see any difference in the broadband box lights ,it's happened on my PS4,my iPad and laptop so I'm wondering if there may be a fault on the line ,does anyone else get this,sometimes I can use it for ages without it happening the other times it happens frequently then is fine for a while ,could this just be a busy time of the day thing or should it not drop out at all?

any advice would be appreciated 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping out

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting.

0 Kudos
nigelcraft
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I didn't know any of that info existed,the log is showing lots of errors I don't what they mean but I've taken snapshots of all 3 

0 Kudos
nigelcraft
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

IMG_1242.PNGIMG_1243.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It looks like your image of the network log has been rejected due to displaying your public WAN IP.

Unfortunately, it looks like your log table is full and it is repeating the last error over and over again, so it contains no useful information. You will need to clear the logs and let them repopulate, I would keep an eye out for T3 and T4 errors, which may explain your problem.

The error counters are showing a few T3 errors, but without the logs to provide a timeframe it is hard to assess if they are a problem, but an upstream problem they would suggest would be typical of the problems you are experiencing.

0 Kudos
nigelcraft
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you for your help I'll reset it and have a look later on and see if they appear ,thanks for your help

0 Kudos