Menu
JasonCheswick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping after SuperHub2 power off/on

Hi

I have been using a SuperHub2 with virgin for about 3 years now. I always used to switch my router off when not in use (why waste electricity?) but recently this has been causing connection issues.

Now after I power it on I get constant drop outs where I lose internet connection for maybe 30-60 seconds at a time. This will continue for a maybe 10-15 mins and then it will be stable.

If the line has to "attenuate" after the router is powered off for a period then that is ok - I can live with that - but I would like to know if this is the case or if I have a router fault.

Many thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping after SuperHub2 power off/on

Hey Jason,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Superhub. I've just taken a look and I can see that your Superhub is currently turned off. For us to be able to perform diagnostics we will need you to leave it turned on, ideally for a few days so we can get some readings to compare.

Please post back to us when your Superhub is powered on and we will happily investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JasonCheswick
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank Heather.

I will leave the unit on from today for a few days and then let you know.

Jason
0 Kudos
JasonCheswick
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather.

I have now had the router on for a couple of days if you would mind taking a look?

I don't know if you need to take a look before Friday PM, as we have a Virgin Media engineer due out to look at our telephone line  - it's dead! The engineer may need to do some work and could take us offline at that time.

Many Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry for the late reply.

Looking at your connection, the router is showing as online, which is good and there have been no time-outs reported within 5 days of the router being online.

Is the broadband now working for you? Did the engineer check this over during the appointment at all?

Speak soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JasonCheswick
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes it fine when it's been on for a while. There are a few drop outs but nothing to worry about.

Our phone line is out of action and engineers are coming on 03/04/17 to lay a new cable. We shall see what happens after that.

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos