Menu
Bloat
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection Problems - Very High Post RS Errors

I believe we have a problem with our connection. We are constantly disconnected from online gaming, videos stutter when playing back, and even web pages fail to load or take an age to resolve the address. I have checked the status of the SuperHub and found one channel, DS-3, has enormous levels of Post RS Errors.  856 Million since rebooting the Superhub last night.  The RxMER, 26.47, is much lower than all the other channels (35-37).

Do I have a problem with my Superhub or Line?

Service Status shows no problems in my area - Oldbury, West Mids

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection Problems - Very High Post RS Errors

Right, well your power levels both Upstream and Downstream are perfectly fine.  As you say, it's that DS-3 channel that's an issue with its very low Signal To Noise Ratio of only 26.47db .  I've never seen that before where one channel is so much lower than the others but I've no doubt some forum member(s) has.  I'm sure that rogue channel will be dragging performance down.  The threshold is 34.5db and the higher the better beyond that.  None of your channels is particularly high which suggests that you do have a rather noisy connection.

Check that the cable connections to the hub and wall socket are tight and if that is not the cause I think you had better arrange an engineer's visit with VM.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bloat,

Could you post your Upstream & Downstream data  and the Network Log please.

Electron
0 Kudos
Bloat
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Hopefully this is what you are looking for..

NetworkLog 17.03.15.09.17.jpgUpstream 17.03.15.09.17.jpg17.03.15.6.48.png

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Right, well your power levels both Upstream and Downstream are perfectly fine.  As you say, it's that DS-3 channel that's an issue with its very low Signal To Noise Ratio of only 26.47db .  I've never seen that before where one channel is so much lower than the others but I've no doubt some forum member(s) has.  I'm sure that rogue channel will be dragging performance down.  The threshold is 34.5db and the higher the better beyond that.  None of your channels is particularly high which suggests that you do have a rather noisy connection.

Check that the cable connections to the hub and wall socket are tight and if that is not the cause I think you had better arrange an engineer's visit with VM.

Electron
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bloat,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see the technician has been out to fix this for you. How's it been since?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bloat
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Thank you for your input and suggestions.  Engineer attended on Thursday and confirmed too low SNR on channel DS-3.  He reterminated the connection into the house and I think changed the 'tap'? point in the cabinet.  A -10db attenuator to lower the downstream power level and now I have the following after two days of uptime:

17.03.18.17.16.png

Everything seems fine now.  Consistent speedtest results and no ping loss.

Great service by the engineer.  Thank again.

0 Kudos