Menu
traceyj276
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connection Issues

Had Virgin for just over a week, and so far had only 2 days of very slow Internet usage....I've made numerous calls to technical team which resulted in an engineer coming out 15/11 he checked signal into property and said the wifi box was faulty..supplied a new one and told me to reboot in a few hours as their systems were down...all this done and still no Internet, called tech support again today and they are sending another engineer out Saturday as my modem has failed activation....has anyone else had this issue?? I'm losing faith in Virgin already
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection Issues

I would call them up again and confirm with them that the mac address of your new hub has actually been updated on your account

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would call them up again and confirm with them that the mac address of your new hub has actually been updated on your account

traceyj276
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

update is the split box or cable is faulty so engineer still required
0 Kudos
JHRUS
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We also suffer from terrible internet. We have been with Virgin for a while, but since a few months the service has become terrible. 

I am just calling again to try to have it corrected, as on the phone they just fob you off with 'all seems to be working' when it is not. 

If I can't get it sorted soon I will change provider.  Anybody right now thinking of joining Virgin should think again !! 

0 Kudos
AnnieGardener
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been having broadband issues for some time now, at least now my password is being accepted but it tends to stall when I go to my email, I have called about it, only to be told that a engineer is working on it. Now it says there are no issues but I still cant get my email.

0 Kudos
Sjp110
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Similar issues. Internet keeps going down. The WiFi symbol appears in green along with opposing arrows which are flashing. The horizontal light at the Base of the Hub 3, which should be white, is also green. Only had Virgin for 3 weeks and chose it over Sky precisely because the Internet is supposrd to be so much better. Speed without reliability is a bit useless though! Hoping it will get better.
0 Kudos
Ozzy9571
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Issues IP ddos need help with IP

I can't play on my Xbox it's getting ddosed or something so can you change my IP I tried everything I reset my internet 100s of times in works it just doesn't work on my Xbox one because a person on it is getting me kicked of offline since yesterday
0 Kudos
traceyj276
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fuming.....

It wasnt a faulty wire etc etc...as it started working and has been working for a few days so I cancelled the engineer that was due today and guess what it's stopped working again about an hour ago.mmmmmm very suspicious!!!!I'm going for a very long walk before I have to speak to them.
0 Kudos
silsom
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I hadn't got internet connection at all for more than 2 weeks now, at the beginning, there was an issue in my area ( Roath, Cardiff) but when the problem seems to be fixed I still have not connection. After all, I called them and they took a week to send me the engineer who was coming today, my boyfriend asked to be today off to be at home  and then I had a phone call from the engineer telling that he was at home, run the doorbell and nobody answered so he left and there is not another engineer coming until next Wednesday. My boyfriend was all day at home for nothing and is really little probably not hear the doorbell at my little flat.

A few times over the phone they mention something still some problems in the area, I think there is still actually an issue in the area and they don't want to admit it.

Is there someone else living around this area with the same problem??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning traceyj276

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a fault in your area which is causing an issue with your broadband service. The reference number is F004909346 and with a review date of today. You can check our Service Status page for more information.

I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with more information.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos