Menu
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connection Issues

We have been with Virgin media for 6 years and our service has always had problems from day one, our internet we were promised is always dropping needing to be constantly resetting and our TiVo box is always stopping and needs resetting too, every time I've rung customer services (average 36 mins on the phone) I'm told that there's either a problem in the are (CH41) or it must be an equipment fault and an update is due.
Finally an engineer came out last week and informed me that the reason why we've had these problems over the years was because when we had our initial installation 6 years ago we were piggybacked off next door probably for ease at the time and that we should have had our own straight to our house within our first month, he also explained that with next door having a full healthy package that would be the drain on our services??
I was straight on the phone and after 43 minutes I got to talk with someone who confirmed this was undead how we should of had a fresh install within one month and not after 6 years, he wanted to give me £42 for our troubles.
I wondered if anyone has had the same problems and how to deal with this as this has been a substandard service throughout the past 6 years, I've tried to take the matter higher but no one seems interested.
I wonder if I would have a case through a small claims court to get a refund for a lack of 'quality' service that I initially paid for?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: FEED FROM NEIGHBOURS JUNCTION BOX

Just to keep you up to speed with things, I agreed a wire pull from the main box into the house, I was told to wait in today from 1pm til 6pm for the engineers to do their work, it got to 6 and I gave up, losing five hours pay in the process 😡
I went out to buy some tea, got home and there was a red booklet through the postbox with 'called at 7' scribbled on it!
Firstly, does virgin CS not communicate with their 'engineers' and secondly What happens to my lack of pay whilst I waited for them to rectify a 6 year problem?
0 Kudos
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, after calling AGAIN I spoke some called Stephen from Swansea who was sympathetic but said because the engineer was missed I've now got to wait til December 10th before anything happens.
I actually turns out that the engineer who came at 7 last night didn't need me to be in anyway but still failed to do the job in hand😳
Virgin Media what are you playing at?
#readytothrowthetowelin
0 Kudos
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BUMP
0 Kudos
Mirr
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Issues

£42 for like 4 out of 6 years ? (3 ? maybe 2 ? £42 ? lol ?)

Wow, it does not even sounds like a joke Oo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sloydie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to read of the issues you are having with your broadband/TV service and the experience you have had getting this resolved.

I would like to look into this further and check your account for the re-pull and if there are any issues I can see. However I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Will speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This company IS A JOKE!
0 Kudos
Sloydie
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Finally! Contractors working for virgin came out and connected me properly! Seems to be working much better now, only issue is the router, the guy said it was on older model and that the super hub 3 is much better, looks like I need one of those now to top it off!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sloydie, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with regards to your issues, I apologise for any previous inconvenience incurred.

It's great to hear that one of our contractor's came out and resolved your issues! This is great!

Just remember, should you require any assistance in future then post back here and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you and help out in any way we can!

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos