Menu
Milsees
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connected, No Internet

I upgraded my hub 2 to hub 3 about 1 mnth ago and have no stable wifi since. All the mobiles devices in the home on both 2g and 5g lose internet connection frequently ( every few minutes). They have full signal connection to the router but no internet, unstable. I told the tech team who sent out a engineer which my wife dealt with, he came and swaped the router and changes the cable from wall to router and also took the old equipment too. 

I came home to find the wifi still unstable. I have Ethernet devices which work fine. Another call to the tech team who say they will test me network outside and get back to me. They didnt so i called them a week later (Today) and the Tech lady asks me to change my wifi chanels which i have still unstable. Im losing patience with Virgin very quikcly. Had the hub 2 in the same spot in living room and works flawless for years, Soon as i changed to the hub 3 i get issues. Its very slow compared to the 2. It takes 5 times longer to boot, the Router Settings via the browser are extremly slow to respond. 

I would have asked to get the hub 2 reactivated but the engineer took it on his first trip. Ill add some Screenshots of my router settings and see if anyone on here can help with my situation. 

test.png

network log.png

config 1.png

config 2.png

upstream.png

Downstream.png

Downstream 2.png

Status.png

Wireless signal.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected, No Internet

if you have a good wired connection the it might be local wireless problems outside of VM control. the SH is a entry level device so you might be best getting a better wireless router and using the sh in modem mode.
0 Kudos
Milsees
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If that is so how comes the older hub 2 worked flawless before and the newer hub 3 doesn't. Dnt make sense
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

different hardware in a ever changing wireless environment
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milsees, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with having no broadband. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test things from here but I was unable to locate your details via your forum account. I will need to confirm a few details with you in order to proceed with diagnostics.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Morning Milsess,

Thanks for confirming your details. I hope you don't mind me picking this up for Adam.

I've managed to locate your account and the line/hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy, which is good.

You mentioned that the wireless channel has been changed, have you tried them all or just changed it the one time?

Do you have to reboot the router in order to get the internet working again?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Milsees
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The wifi Signal is fine, we all have good signal strength, its just keeps dropping the internet connection for all wifi devices whilst keeping them connected to wifi. My phone is galazy s7 edge on 5ghz, sais connected (no internet), my wifes samsung j5 loses internet same time as me and is on 2.5ghz, my sons samsungs s4 on both channels loses internet at the same time, My wifes samsung tablet loses connection at same time. All devices remain connected to the wifi. I can reboot the router, then after 1-2mins it will lose internet, disconnection will happen every couple minutes for minutes at a time up to hours. The internet is unusable on wifi devices, My wife is already at her 4G limit due to this problem. I need a engineer to come and instead of last time just swapping the equipment and leaving, for him to monitor the problem and finding the fault. All Ethernet devices work perfectly fine. 

Lee

0 Kudos
chaypea
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milsees, 

Your problem may not get resolved even if an engineer stays at your property for some time and monitors the connection and ultimately, if they deem it to be a problem with the local wireless environment, there may be little that they can do beyond swapping out the hub and hoping for the best.

If you run a wireless channel scan so that we can see what your local wireless environment looks like, we might be able to advise further along side the forum team deciding if proceeding with an engineer visit is the best course of action.

For Windows, I'd advise Acrylic (it's free) - https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-software/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/

For Android, I'd advise WiFi Analyzer (also free) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB

Post the graphical outputs from either of those and we can have a look.

Also, what channel were you on before tech support advised changing to channel 11?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milsees, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there is a change going through currently, ref C00810032, intermittent service throughout the change window. Basically upgrades are going on in the area and we will need to wait until they have gone through before I can double check the connection again. 

I will take another look tomorrow morning as the work should then be completed. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Milsees
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No need now. Got fed up with the equipment so changed it to modem mode and bought a good router which works flawless now.
0 Kudos