Menu
Opus1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complete loss of internet and TV, have to wait a week before someone fixes it?

Hello, would truly appreciate it if someone could help us out, because we're having to haemorrhage our limited mobile data for some necessary internet access.

Broadband has stopped working since yesterday morning. Phoned support yesterday and today, who basically told me I have to wait until Wednesday for a technician to come. I find it difficult to accept that nothing can be done until then, given that we pay a lot expecting a reliable service.

Our Hub 3.0 has its topmost wifi light constantly green, whilst the bottom light is flashing green. Have tried resetting multiple times and no change.

Logged onto my virgin media account and the service status page has shown since yesterday:
No known issues with broadband.
3 known issues with TV. Estimated fix date just keeps getting pushed back.

Running a test on broadband kept bringing back a message saying it looks like our equipment is off. I ran another test just now that brought back "we're trying to sort it it for you".

Logging onto router settings from my laptop (can't access from my phone for some reason), the network log shows a number of errors from the past few days. It stretches back to before it stopped working, so maybe this isn't relevant.

TV seems like a problem for the whole area but it looks like only my broadband is down. Nobody made any changes to our equipment or cables when the service went down.

Would appreciate any help or ideas.
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complete loss of internet and TV, have to wait a week before someone fixes it?

Yes me too in e16. I expect it's being worked on
0 Kudos
Opus1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complete loss of internet and TV, have to wait a week before someone fixes it?

SM4 over here. Did you phone support? They told me that my broadband didn't seem to be an area problem, although TV appeared to be.
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes telephoned. Lady was lovely however she could see no area issue with no other complaints. Consequently she oragansied a tech to visit . About four hours later I had a text saying tech cancelled as the issue was more than just me and I would receive a text once resolved.
0 Kudos
Opus1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, did yours get resolved?

I just called to double check whether my engineer is coming today, and incredibly they've told me that the appointment has been cancelled. No notification or anything - thanks Virgin, I cancelled all my plans to stay home and wait for the engineer. Talked to support again now, they're saying that engineers will fix it on the 28th. Immensely frustrating, because there's no guarantee it will actually be fixed by then.
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes same with me. I get told technician coming but then they don't show as they are being auto cancelled. Can't be solved by a local technician as I understand. Virgin needs to up the quality of information circulating within their organisation and externally to forums such as this and twitter
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Btw you should receive a text saying appointment cancelled . I've only received two text messages the other two times I waited at home for a no shown by Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Opus1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I agree completely, there's no transparency in information at all. I asked them what the cause of the fault was and all he kept saying was "intermittent" which isn't even a description of the problem.

Service status website now says "no known issues" (which isn't the case). Is this the same for you?
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still no internet service from Virgin Media. This is now day nine.

I've just bought a new top up for my mobile phone and will access a friends office next week for internet. After 19 more days the service with virgin can be cancelled. I don't foresee Virgin Media being capable to resolve the issue. If it's not fixed within nine days, and they have not informed me (or on these forums) any way in which they will resolve they clearly have no idea how to fix.
0 Kudos