Menu
adele2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Claiming compensation

Has anyone been successful in getting compensation over and above a straight refund of charges for services not received? I have been without any internet connection for 6 days ever since the virgin contractors installed a new cable for my next door neighbour. Virgin is currently quoting a month to repair my cable- and prevaricating about repaying the mobile hotspot costs I am incurring as a direct result of their being in apparent breach of my contract. There is no other way I can access the internet. Neither was I credited on my recent bill for the days service I have lost so far though they say this will be calculated and credited once service is resumed..The Area Manager seems very overstretched and the Complaints people, whose contact details are not readily available in the site, do not seem to have much influence to get a repull brought forward.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Claiming compensation

Its one of the anomalies of our increasing reliance on an internet connection that there is still no compensation scheme in place if you are without service for an extended period. The regulator is fairly toothless in cases such as this, because there is no defined timescale for re-reinstatement.

An added kick in the wotsits is VM have no legal obligation to pay your hot spot charges, you are relying on them "doing the decent thing"

As with most such situations,  "the louder you shout, the more you get"- pester them to bring the repull forward, involve CAB, raise a complaint through CISAS.

0 Kudos
adele2
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Claiming compensation

Thanks. All your suggestions already in hand. Also spoke to helpful lawyer at Which? who thinks there probably IS a legal obligation. I am certainly going to pursue them because their response has been dreadful. They seem to be very under-resourced if it takes a month to get my service re-installed after what was probably their mistake.

0 Kudos