Menu
Buzzgirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Chrome cast connection to a hub 3

Hi, i have just received the hub 3 installed by a virgin technician and all is fine for connections with pc's, iPads and phones but not chromecast.  How do i get it to connect.  I am non technical and the chrome cast help talks about enabling UPnP and i have no idea how to go about this.  Can anyone give me non technical guidance on how to do this.  Thanks.

PS i have more devices to add so i may be back ;-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chrome cast connection to a hub 3

Hiya Buzzgirl,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with connecting your Chromecast to the Hub 3.

In regards to UPnP, this should already be enabled within the Hub's settings. However you can check this by typing in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, sign in with the details underneath the router and on the left hand side under Advanced you will have UPnP.

If after you check this, you still have an issue with the connection, as the Hub broadcasts the both (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) wireless networks as one, it may be worth separating these with different SSID's and passwords, to make it easier for the devices to connect too. To do this go into Advanced > Wireless in the Hub's settings.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos