Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (59 Views)

Channel 4 OD not streaming via virgin router on TV

The channel 4 OD streaming app on my new Panasonic 58dx902b TV is the only app that is unable to play back content when connected to the Virgin Router, either by WIFI or Ethernet cable. If I switch the source over to a different device like my phone (operating on EE) the streaming works. Can someone offer a solution to this please? I'm receiving 76 Mb download speed on what I believe to be the super hub router, but this router is about 2 or 3 years old now. I switched over the connection from the Virgin router to my iphone running EE, and this fixed the issue -- I can always stream Channel 4 OD when my TV is connected to my Iphone, but back to the virgin router -- no way. My router is Super Hub 2 AC v1.01.11. My firend has a Panasonic TV wirelessly connected to a virgin router and he experiences no issues with 4 OD streaming. His model, however, does not have the Firefox OS that I have installed on my TV. So the configuration in which this problem is occurring appears to be Firefox and Virgin network? Anyone have any helpful suggestions here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (40 Views)

Re: Channel 4 OD not streaming via virgin router on TV

Hi heresjonny1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with streaming 4oD through your TV.

Have you tried another browser on the TV to see if you get the same issue?

Does the 4oD app work fine on any other devices within the property?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (28 Views)

Hi Samantha.

Yes the 4od works fine when I switch my tv from the virgin router to my iPhone which is running EE. This solves the problem immediately. When I switch back to virgin router connection, I can't stream 4 of . I tried using the browser on the tv to see if I could play 4 od content but I need flash and the tv won't allow me to download flash. What you should take into account is the Firefox OS layer on the TV. The channel 4 app is having problems over Firefox over the router, but not having problems over Firefox over EE.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (6 Views)

Hello heresjonny1

Interesting problem, I wonder if the hub firewall is blocking any ports particular to the 4OD app. Perhaps for diagnostic purposes it is worth trying it with the TV wired to the hub in modem only mode Modem mode on your Virgin Media Hub (may need a reboot once connected to allow an IP)

If that works we will need to look at open some ports.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos