Menu
FredMel
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access superhub to check settings

Hi,

I need to check my Virgin Superhub 2 settings but cannot access the device via Mozilla browser. I've never had this problem before. Have tried typing in the address (192.168.0.1) but the browser will not connect. Have tried switching hub on and off again several times (I looked at a previous thread on the same topic and tried everything suggested there) but still no joy. I've turned Firewall(s) off, etc. but all to no avail. Any suggestions?

PS my connection is via LAN and reports OK, have also tried WiFi with same result.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Roger_Gooner
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot access superhub to check settings

There could be Powerline crosstalk. Shut down Powerline and WiFi, connect PC to Hub via Ethernet cable directly and all should be well.

0 Kudos

All Replies
FredMel
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Should have mentioned. Hub otherwise working OK (I can access Internet and home network).
0 Kudos
legacy1
Legend
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Roger_Gooner
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you can't get access via an Ethernet cable using Firefox, how about trying another browser.

If you are still unsuccessful, it may be a problem with the hub 2, so ask for a replacement hub.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Super solver
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As I remember this has happened to people before, the answer was to turn the hub off for a few minutes and then turn it on.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
FredMel
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Tried switching off, tried pin reset, tried alternative browser (Safari), still no joy. Safari gives message that server dropped the connection and suggested "try again later" (dog knows I've tried!).

Looking like it may may be a fault. The odd thing is that Internet, etc. is working fine via both LAN and WiFi, it's just the hub I can't connect to.

0 Kudos
FredMel
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This is looking distinctly odd. I mentioned that Internet connections were OK, despite being unable to log on to my Superhub router. However, speeds appeared to be slower than normal, so I ran a speed test. This returned a speed of about 9 Mbps, much lower than normal (I normally have up to 100 Mbps). However, the really peculiar result was that the IP was identified as Plusnet, not Virgin Media (one of my neighbours has Plusnet). Moreover, checking my network connections comes back with a router address of 192.168.1.254 which, if I put into my browser address bar, asks me for logon credentials for a Technicolor (i.e. Plusnet) gateway. Is it possible that there has been a wiring mistake somewhere externally?

0 Kudos
paul0363
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Or have you connected to your neighbour's wifi?  It's VERY unlikely to be a wiring error as Virgin don't use the BT network at all and everthing comes via their own cables.

Check what wifi network you're connected to and/or connect your PC/MAC to your hub directly with an ethernet cable.  Hub settings should be on 192.168.0.1 in router mode.

0 Kudos
FredMel
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's the odd thing. Connection is a already LAN, via Powerline, plus I've checked the Wifi and it''s definitely broadcasting and all devices receiving from the Superhub. I'll carry out further investigations later today.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There could be Powerline crosstalk. Shut down Powerline and WiFi, connect PC to Hub via Ethernet cable directly and all should be well.

0 Kudos