Menu
Genesis5000
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't access router settings on Super Hub 3

For some reason, the password on the bottom of my Super Hub 3 isn't the password for my router settings. I've tried resetting the router via the reset button to fix this, but I still can't access the settings. 

Anyone have a way around this?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access router settings on Super Hub 3

The factory reset on the Hub 3 can take a bit of doing. Like holding it down for as long as it takes for you to see the LEDs stutter.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Antoncrakov
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wondered if this worked, I have the same issue. Also the option to send an email to recover the password doesn't work? I got the hub 3 yesterday and changed the password, it didn't accept the new password, I've double double checked it also the password that it came with didn't work? Any help greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

withe hub3 there are 2 different passwords, one for wi-fi, one for router  UI login. the latter should be on the router base. the former comes x3 on stickers for you to use

I don't know which of those has an email recover method - maybe neither ? - the email could be for recovering your main email/virgin account password which ( should  be) not the same as those others.

I am a fan of the pencil+ paper + envelope under mattress ( or some such emergency location)  for all such, as well has having disguised versions in my Dropbox

it is actually not logical that you  have an email recovery option for the router login password, once you (re)set that yourself locally -surely its not then silently uploaded 

0 Kudos
Antoncrakov
Settling in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, feel a bit silly now but a simple on/off did the trick.
The hub only arrived yesterday, it does have a log in lost password facility, the router settings screen is completely different from the hub 2.0 and I was able to enter my email to recover the setting password should I forget it. I've never seen this kind of thing on any router setting before. I'm not sure if I can upload a picture to the forum but it is a password for the router. A quick search for the settings access just bought up details about the hub 3 and the log in password but states the forgotten password facility doesn't work? Not 100% sure if this means ever or not or just when you first set it up. This page tells you a little about it

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27559&CURRENT_...

Hopefully that link will work. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not a religious man but every night I offer up a little prayer that VM won't ever take away my lovely SH2ac and replace it with a Hub 3.   Smiley Sad

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

that link suggests that if you change & then forget the login password, you have to reset the hub and then use the one that is printed on the case. - which is what I thought.

what is new is that all the hub1 devices had a default password of "changeme" - from memory- or maybe it was "admin" ? - anyway it now seems that each hub3 is shipped with it's own unique? gibberishly long password.

and it is fussy, It would not allow me to re-use the simple password I had for my hub1

so best practice is to change it, then store it in 2 or 3 different ways- piece of paper, saved in lastpass, sent to dropbox....

unless you plan to regularly chenge wifi settings, i'ts unliley you will need to log back in often anyway. i'ts basically a set it up once then pary that it works forever after sort fo device

0 Kudos